Playback on Raspberry Pi 3 Constantly Pausing
Yes, this sounds familiar, but this is different from what I've read in the forum. I recently got a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B with OpenELEC 6.0.3. My video files are hosted on my Windows 10 machine. Everything works fine except that sometimes movies constantly pause and unpause. This is not a buffering issue. It's as if the pause button on my remote (Rosewill RHRC-11001) is being pressed as I see the pause indicator appear in the upper right of the screen. The remote sensor (the part connected to the Raspberry) is not lighting up as if it's getting a command to pause, but the Raspberry is acting as if it's getting a pause command. I have to press the Play button on my remote to get things going again. Any ideas as to what might be happening? I'm a newbie when it comes to the Pi, so if you need logs for it, please tell me what I have to do to post them.
That is how buffering behaves. It pauses the stream until enough data is buffered up.
You can press the pause key to resume sooner, but that will typically result in a pause soon after.
if you are on a wireless connection, try a wired connection and see if the pauses still occur. If not, then you have a bad wifi connection and your pauses are related to buffering. If that's not the case, maybe a Debug Log would help, as it should show pause actions

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback on Raspberry Pi 3 Constantly Pausing0