SMB Share Issue
Hi all,

A constant issue I'm having with regards to a SMB shares on Kodi

Basically I'm sharing folders, on my Windows 10 PC and Mac.

However I'm finding the share very temperamental, sometimes when I go to SMB shares on any of my devices (Fire Stick, iOS, Mac) on Kodi the share shows the Workgroup and I have no problem navigating the first couple of folders, then all of a sudden, stuff will not show or show half a folder or even return errors, "Share not available" or "Invalid Argument" generally. This happens very often.

Now things I've tried following searches of the net are:

Increasing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters - IRPStackSize value.
Entering the address manually using both PC name and IP Address for each share.
Using username and password to authorise connection.

Initially I thought this was just a issue with the Fire Stick but I am having problems with the shares across all device regardless of whether there shared from the MAC or PC

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, finding this very frustrating.

Thanks
I was having the same SMB problems on my Nvidia Shield. The following fix on my Windows 7 server immediately took care of the problem, it's been working great ever since.

http://kodi.wiki/view/SMB/Windows#Fixes

Be sure to back up your registry first.
Thank you very much for your advice, I've tried changing these settings in the Registry and no real success.

Like I say, sometimes it will load directory information fine others it won't load any sub folder information at all and other times it just returns "Invalid Argument"
What version of Kodi are you running?
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
16.1 Javis - I did have the issue on previous versions also
Is the issue from PC to mac or mac to PC or both just I have this setup within my network and stragely I have the same problem I think as you when using wifi but when I wired at 1gb all is well, let me know your setup and i'll do my best to help you msg me if I don't get back to you buddy just a bit busy with work just now.
The problema is Kodi. Use on your M8 box Kodi 14.2. Download it from the internet. I hope that Kodi team give a solution for SMB Access from Kodi 16.1 and Krypton.
I don't know if it helps but I got to throw it out there : SPMC has a release 16.1.0 where you can force SMB v1 (might solve windows connection issues) according to Koying, the dev.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Share Issue0