New to this and have a few questions.
Hi,
I'm new to this and I'm just getting started with this whole new combination of Boxee+ and Ember Media Manager.

I have had my Boxee Box since 2010. I just installed the Boxee+ hack and put in a SD card for my Thumbs and such using a folder labeled "cache" in the memory card root directory. I am trying make space for Boxee to operate a bit faster since it only has 1gb of ram. My collection was taking up too much memory and would take way too long to load the cover art. Not only that but the Boxee media manager really sucks and has way to many missing titles in its database.

I have a 64 bit operating system. I guess the 1.4.8.0 is not compatible with 64 bit yet as is stated in the first post in that thread. I assume that when I do update I won't loose my media data stored in the program, so I'm not too concerned at the moment. I have 1.4.7.2 working on my media indexing at the moment (latest version I could find). It will likely take a day or two to finish though.

I'm not using Kodi or XBMC yet as I really like the Boxee with Boxee+ and don't yet see a need to change. Is there a tutorial somewhere on this Ember Media Manager? I think I have many of the basics but would love to learn more about the features and how different things work. Things like do or don't do this or that are high on my list to learn.

I did enable Kodi in the settings just so I won't need to scrape all my media again if I change my mind and decide to use Kodi or XBMC at a later date. I assume if storage space on the drive I have my movies on is not an issue I should let it scrape everything and just display whatever I can or want to with Boxee+?

Also does anyone know what size and class of SD card is best for my setup or needs while keeping my options open for Kodi or XBMC at a later date?

Thanks,
Kep
The lastest Alpha works also with x64 bit system, only Ember is still only available as x86 version ;-)

We only have defined the default file name settings for Boxee. I don't know what you need as additional software to show your media on Boxee.
ATM we don't have a tutorial. Feel free to search or post your questions.
(2016-05-20, 11:50)DanCooper Wrote: The lastest Alpha works also with x64 bit system, only Ember is still only available as x86 version ;-)

We only have defined the default file name settings for Boxee. I don't know what you need as additional software to show your media on Boxee.
ATM we don't have a tutorial. Feel free to search or post your questions.

Thanks, Dan

What are the best initial settings. I turned on the Boxee selection in EMM and checked all sources hoping to find the movies on my first attempt. Now I'm thinking I have screwed up and have made many duplicate files from different sources on the net. Have I really screwed up by doing this? How can I fix this if I did in fact screw up? What sources should I have checked? Can this be easily fixed or do I have to start over somehow?

I do have a couple more questions. I'm on my 3rd day of scraping information and wonder if I am wasting my time? If decide to change some settings like poster and fan art sizes, how would I update the movie files and folders once I have changed the settings in the EMM program?

What is the best way to do the settings in EMM so my files and such work best in Boxee+? I read where one user needed to resize his posters and fan art because His Boxee was responding very slow when his Boxee was forced to do the resizing on the fly. Can I correct this now even though I did it wrong to begin with on my first scrape? How do I set up EMM to only obtain the native image size that are compatible with Boxee+. How do I make EMM edit all my files to the new settings?

I sure hope I won't have to edit all 1400 movie files by hand. In hind sight I should have done one movie and tested it to see how it works. Too late now LOL.

Thanks,
Kep
Well all Went well so far and I'm scanning folders with Boxxe+ now. It is about 75% done and I only see a few that aren't showing cover art. I will see what it is like when done. I guess I may need to delete those titles and scan them again. We shall see when it is done scanning I guess. Any suggestions?

What is the best way to identify/locate a correct movie database that was improperly identified but you can't find it in the available list of scrapes you can rename the movie from?

Thanks,
Kep

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to this and have a few questions.0