Who is the original manufacturer of the MXQ and MXR android boxes?
I see so many re-sellers or they have their own, but they all use the same pictures of the MXR and MXQ boxes.
Any idea who the original maker is? and how to buy from them?
Doubt there is one original seller. Its a PCB stuck in a hunk of plastic stamped with a logo and then shipped near anywhere with minimal customization.
You might have someone who makes a specific board and then sells that to many other "brands", or you might have someone who flat out clones the board, or look-a-likes (especially if one uses the exact same case mold), or some boxes use similar names (MXR is probably unrelated to MXQ, for example), and some just use the same generic box but make their own packaging (if that). So... who knows.
And then there are even fake boards with only Half the Physical RAM Chips mounted on them, with a Kernel coded in such a way as to fool people.

It's an absolute lottery basically for reliability and actually getting what is being marketed with theses sorts of devices.

Based on my 20 years experience in China trade and 3 years in Android TV boxes, I believe the name MXQ was originated by Shenzhen Shiningworth Technology Co., Ltd.
(2020-07-11, 09:55)techdudester Wrote: Based on my 20 years experience in China trade and 3 years in Android TV boxes, I believe the name MXQ was originated by Shenzhen Shiningworth Technology Co., Ltd.

As for how to buy from them, here is their company profile on Alibaba:
https://shiningworth.en.alibaba.com/comp...635dxDUJqX

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Who is the original manufacturer of the MXQ and MXR android boxes?0