Solved Remote does not respond for 10 seconds after sleep
Hi there,

I have a strange one that appeared in Kodi 15 (OpenELEC) and has followed me to Kodi 16 (clean build LibreELEC) and now Krypton with a Millhouse build. My hardware in an ION2 based Zotac Zbox that I've been using Kodi on for 4+ years. I have a Harmony Hub remote and I run a remote.xml file in the userdata/keymap location to remap the teletext buttons for library updating and cleaning. The remote receiver is an official RC6 one that is registered on the device as an eHome one.

Now to the problem...

If I sleep the device overnight (or for an extended period that I have not defined yet), the remote control does not respond for 10 seconds almost to the second. After 10s, everything works fine. If I then sleep the unit again but restart it 2 minutes later, there is no 10s delay which is weird. It only appears to happen after an extended nap! I have installed a remote debug xml file in the keymap location and confirm that the device is receiving the commands in the first 10s, at least after various sleep/wake cycles. I can't say I've dropped the remote debug file overnight but I'll try that tonight.

It's driving me nuts as it does not have a great W.A.F when that happens. The question is, how the heck do I debug that?

Input logfile here. Let me know if there are other logs I should upload.
Kodi 18 Leia LibreELEC on Odroid C2 connected to Synology RS814+ Rackstation
I have proven that the problem is related to the Harmony someone as I purchased a RC6 media centre remote and if I start the Zotac manually, the remote receiver and Kodi instance respond just fine. I've marked the thread as resolved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote does not respond for 10 seconds after sleep0