Shares problem - Cannot play live TV or recordings
All,

Im running a mediaportal TV server on a remote HTPC and would like to use kodi on a local machine as the frontend. I have installed MP tv server perfectly and added the current xbmc plugin. I know extrmely little about network sharing particularly over WAN but have attempted to share the two folders with "Ëveryone" on the windows 7 machine on which the the tv server is installed. I have opened port 9596 on the remote machines router and inputed this along with the hostname in kodi on the local machine. It connects to the tvserver fine, downloads the guide and i can even browse all the recordings on it. The problem i have is that live tv nor the recordings will play!

I scanned the logs and copied an extract beneath. I think there is a shares problem, can anyone help please?

EDIT just to be absolutely clear my MP tv server is remote.... 5000 miles away from me in the UK. I am in australia accessing from a local HTPC with kodi 16.1 installed. I am attempting to access via HOSTNAME over WAN
Don't try it this way! And please close your open ports and delete the log from your post - i can see your credentials!
VPN is the right way.
Arrrrggghhh i've deleted the log instantly but in fairness it didnt have my host address so the credentials were useless. So you dont think its feasible to use remote PVR in this manner?

Thanks
(2016-05-22, 17:27)sadsack5000 Wrote: Arrrrggghhh i've deleted the log instantly but in fairness it didnt have my host address so the credentials were useless. So you dont think its feasible to use remote PVR in this manner?

Thanks
As said before just create a private vpn and your good to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shares problem - Cannot play live TV or recordings1