question about watched status on display of tv shows
Hello, I'm using version 15.2 of Kodi, but the problem I'm describing is something I've experienced ever since version 14 and so this may not be a bug.

I have various tv shows which are partially watched or entirely watched. Sometimes all episodes of a show are watched and the show has a check mark on the tv series list, but sometimes the show does not have a check mark even though all episodes do. When does the tick mark show up?

Secondly, if there is no check mark, I see numbers. What do the numbers mean?

Sometimes its the number of unwatched episodes, sometimes its the total number of episodes, and sometimes it seems to be something else entirely.

(for example, on game of thrones the number is 17. I have 4 unwatched episodes from season 6. I dont have season 4, so that might account for another 10 episodes and season 3 is missing one episode. So I'd expect to see 15 maybe, but I dont know why I see 17).
I'm a little unsure of the exact percentage, but ~90% the file gets tagged as watched. HOW-TO:Modify automatic watch and resume points (wiki) using the keyboard, the letter 'w' toggles the watched status on an episode or an entire folder. I'm not sure what numbers you are talking about, but at this point most of the data on the page is a result of various skins, views and how they treat the information. Some of the smaller numbers are likely to be seasons or episodes in seasons, (usually the skin will tell you what it's for) then it could be a rating number according to some TV database, rating 8.5 for a specific show or episode and larger numbers might be the amount of time to watch a series or season.
Quote:Secondly, if there is no check mark, I see numbers. What do the numbers mean?
Try changing the view. In your example this kind of information should be available with the skin you are using, check with that forum.
Thanks PatK. I can check to see how Aeon Nox does it. But about the checkmarks. The link you pointed me to is about when a particular video is marked as watched rather than in progress.

But I'm talking about an entire tv series being marked as watched or in progress.
This wiki might be of assistance Incorrect and missing videos (wiki) how these are reported is a quality of the skin, when the check mark appears for the entire show should be right after the last episode is watched, but if it doesn't appear then it's a minor cliche in the skin and might show up later on. To force it you can still use the 'w'atched key.

I set up GoT season 5,6 and got 15 episodes reporting and most watched you may have some phantom episodes, check carefully.

Pass along a screen shot of those 'numbers'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
question about watched status on display of tv shows0