Kodi install, custom, or full?
Hello All,

I am new here, and I have Plex after yesterday, but am not happy with it because I have to "pay" to sync with it. I found Kodi as a free alternative in my search. I haven't started the install yet because I usually do a custom install on software, but I see Kodi has several addons.

My question is, can I read somewhere (or maybe have someone tell me here) if I need all the addons the "install" suggests? I am just barely an intermediate geeky gal, so I'm not really sure with Kodi since I haven't come up against a list that long. I will be the only user as I live alone, and one, single TV with Roku 2. My laptop has a lot of movies stored on it, well, maybe 30.

Thank you in advance, for any help.
I'm not sure how you are doing your install, but when I do mine on Windows or a Raspberry pi, there are no installer suggested add-ons. If all you want to do is play the movies on your laptop then you don't need any add-ons.
Thanks so much, that's all I want at this point, so I will just do the basic installWink
Are you sure you're using the proper vanilla Kodi install (available from the download page, link at the very top of the page) and not some dodgy community build that we do not support?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi install, custom, or full?0