v16 Problems?!
Hey guys,

I've got a series of serious problems with Kodi now:

1. First, the installation executable (Kodi 16.1) downloaded from Kodi.tv without any issues. Really? It's 2016, you can do better!

2. I double-clicked the file and the damn thing unpacked and installed without any problems on my Win 10 mini PC. Seriously? WTF!!!

3. I was able to add local sources (from my NAS) and Kodi scraped them with >99.9% accuracy. The only files that didn't scrape properly were mis-named and had weird characters in them. I expect better from a free piece of complicated software. It should be able to read my mind and know what I meant! Get with the program!!

4. I installed an alternate skin written and supported by unpaid volunteers and the effin' thing works flawlessly. Sad!

5. Finally, I didn't install any dodgy add-ons, and Kodi refuses to break, it just keeps running. Disappointing!

I guess I'll just have to go back to my collection of VHS tapes and OTA tv...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Now to convert you to linux...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-05-22, 23:28)nickr Wrote: Now to convert you to linux...

Someday. I've got a notebook with Ubuntu 14 on it so it's not like I'm allergic or anything...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Yes the Kodi developers really missed the boat, that's why you need to send in a donation so they don't have to live off charity and come up with this sort of stuff.
(2016-05-23, 01:01)PatK Wrote: Yes the Kodi developers really missed the boat, that's why you need to send in a donation so they don't have to live off charity and come up with this sort of stuff.

Point taken, donation made.
Haha I like the style @whysoserious
You're gonna put us mods out of business... Wink

Thanks for the much needed light relief.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I can fix this, delete Kodi.exe problem solved Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems?!0