Win Multiple PVR clients
Hi all, I've Kodi running with three PVR clients, Mediaportal, SimpleIPTV and Filmon, but often I cannot have channels ffrom all of them, but only those of Filmon client.
Maybe someone has the same problem?

After internet digging, I've found that the PVRmanager of Kodi waits for "at least" one PVR client before starting, so that the others often are ignored, so I slightly changed the code of the PVRmanager.cpp to make Kodi waits for "all" the PVR clients before starting (both for Jarvis than for Krypton, they are different).
Now it works perfectly, no more missing channels!
Let me know if anyone is interested Blush
I am very interested but since I am not a programmer and am running Kodi clients on OS X and Ubuntu (not Windows) this would not be something I could install myself. I run two TVHeadEnd backends and even though I have figured out how to make Kodi use both, infrequently Kodi will still only see one of them, especially on my OS X machine. The other problem is that quite often Kodi will totally freeze and crash while reading data from one of the backends at startup, and if it doesn't throw me back to the desktop then I have to kill the Kodi process (this happens so often I programmed a button on my remote to do it). Part of it may be that I am still running Isengard on the Linux systems; for reasons not germane to this thread I will not upgrade again at least until Krypton release candidate are available, and maybe not then if they have still not fixed the PVR addon issues that started in Jarvis (showing incorrect guide data under certain channels, and the totally messed up timers screen). But anyway, anything you can to to make multiple backends play together nicely would be VERY VERY VERY much appreciated, especially if you can somehow get your fixes into the released code.

P.S. I have to ask, how do you run Filmon and SimpleIPTV as backends for Kodi? Do you know whether those are even legal in the United States? Do you have the ability to record programs and play them back later? I've never heard of SimpleIPTV before and can't seem to find much about it, but I did find FilmOn's site but I can't tell at first glance whether they are legal or not (don't want to get nastygrams from my ISP for copyright violations) and in any case I don't get how you use them as a PVR backend for Kodi. I have used MediaPortal in the past but I hate running a server under Windows, which is why I ultimately went with TVHeadEnd for both of my backends (each of which receives a different group of channels).
Hi xbmclinuxuser, as far as Filmon is concerned, the PVR client is included in standard installation; you should register (free) yourself on the website so that you can view your "favorities" on Kodi.
SimpleIPTV PVR client is in the same situation, it is included in standard installation, with the difference that it's up to you to use a legal stream. Often TV that have free streaming can be connected to this backend, but you should search for those in your country.

I don't know the behaviour of Kodi in OSX or Linux, I'm a Windows user, but I've experienced kodi freezes if I select "TV" before that the PVR manager loaded all the channels. Maybe waiting could be the solution....

Finally, about multiple backend version, I've compiled my copy of Kodi Jarvis with the modified PVRmanager.cpp in Windows, for OS X or Linux you can check on the Kodi Wiki searching for "HOW-TO:Compile Kodi".
I'm planning to upload to Github the version for Krypton later, for Jarvis I don't know if I can attach the file to the forum, but if you want to try I can send it to you in PM
Thanks for the information. For some reason I was expecting that there would be actual backends on your local network for these, so that if you recorded a program it would be saved to a local hard drive, not just somewhere "in the cloud." Now that I understand that's not the case, I have no interest in those services.

The freezes occur while Kodi is loading data from the backends, even if I don't touch Kodi until it's finished. And for some weird reason, loading this data takes a LOT longer under Linux, depending on how many channels you have on your backend. I would guesstimate it's at least 50 times slower than under OS X.

No need to send me anything, I'm not a coder and to me "compile" is a dirty word, but thanks anyway (the real reason is that 9 times out of 10 whenever I've tried to "compile" something it doesn't work, and honestly I don't think that is something that users should be asked to do).
I have recently enabled filmon with my other two PVRs (nextPVR and Simple IP) and now the only channels I can see on one system is the simple ip channels. On the other I can see filmon and simple IP...but no guide data for filmon. If i disable simple IP..filmon works perfect. I would love to test your fix. Do you have a compiled version for windows?
Do you have a copy of this modified code? For Jarvis still?
Hi I'm now trying to use ArgusTV for DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 and DVBViewer for IPTV (instead of Simply IPTV back end as allows me to record).

I'm getting all the channels and I know I cant dictate channel numbers from the backends but does anybody know if its possible to specify that the ArgusTV list loads 1st ie from Channel 1 and then the DVBViewer list follows on. At the moment I'm getting them in the other order and the only way I can change this is to start Kodi with DVBViewer back end disabled and then enable it once Kodi is up and running
(Running Latest nighly Kodi 17.1)

Thanks for any help!!
(2017-05-23, 12:02)i0zjh02 Wrote: Hi I'm now trying to use ArgusTV for DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 and DVBViewer for IPTV (instead of Simply IPTV back end as allows me to record).

I'm getting all the channels and I know I cant dictate channel numbers from the backends but does anybody know if its possible to specify that the ArgusTV list loads 1st ie from Channel 1 and then the DVBViewer list follows on. At the moment I'm getting them in the other order and the only way I can change this is to start Kodi with DVBViewer back end disabled and then enable it once Kodi is up and running
The only thing I can suggest is to automate the disable / enable process. You could use Callbacks to run a script to disable dvbviewer on shutdown and enable on startup.
I seem to be missing a trick here though - could you point me at how you're using dvbviewer with iptv in kodi? Is that using the recording service or do you need the Media Server?
(2017-05-25, 22:22)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-05-23, 12:02)i0zjh02 Wrote: Hi I'm now trying to use ArgusTV for DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 and DVBViewer for IPTV (instead of Simply IPTV back end as allows me to record).

The only thing I can suggest is to automate the disable / enable process. You could use Callbacks to run a script to disable dvbviewer on shutdown and enable on startup.
I seem to be missing a trick here though - could you point me at how you're using dvbviewer with iptv in kodi? Is that using the recording service or do you need the Media Server?

I'm using the Media Server but I think it works the same with the recording service.

1) Add a "TS Stream Device" into the Hardware.I tried initially with DVB IPTV device but couldnt get the EPG data to import properly using "Xepg" so after Googling it this was the solution

2) I increased the "Read ahead time" and Recieve Buffer Size (purely as my backend server has lots of resources and thought it might improve performance).

3) Used Channel list editor in DVBViewer to import my "Playlist" m3u File containing all my channels

4) Configured Xepg to map my epg data from DigiGuide and import to my IPTV channel list

5) In Kodi, DVBViewer plugin I turned off the "Timeshift" functionality completely as this caused me problems, and caused Kodi to hang a few times.

6) Have tested with a few recordings and although not 100% reliable is definately a big improvement over the simple IPTV client (in my opinion).

Interested to see if anybody has resolved the "Timeshift" issues or has an better backend to use instead. I'd have stuck solely with ArgusTV if I could (as the scheduling and timeshifting is excellent) but that has no ability to configure anything but a std DVB-T or DVB-S tuner from what I can find
Thanks for that. I don't have the 'TS stream device' option in the recording service, so I guess it's time to put my hand in my pocket.
Edit: yep, switched to Media Server and it all works.
I just tried to install pvr iptv simple client and when i tried to update it it said xbmc pvr 1.1.9 can not be satisfied or words to that effect. How cam i get it to work. All the channels downloaded thamks in advance

Sent from my LG-H811
(2017-05-27, 02:54)tiderolled93 Wrote: I just tried to install pvr iptv simple client and when i tried to update it it said xbmc pvr 1.1.9 can not be satisfied or words to that effect. How cam i get it to work. All the channels downloaded thamks in advance

Sent from my LG-H811 (typie typie)
You need to start your own thread in the iptvsimple subforum - the chances of anyone reading your problem and offering a solution here aren't high. Your problem isn't clear - did it install? I can't tell - and there's no info on what hardware, what os etc.
Ok thanks

Sent from my LG-H811

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple PVR clients0