Rapier Skin development help
Information 
Hey Gade,

MaikoHermans here from your git repository.
I figured I would create this thread so I could ask any questions I stumble upon.

First what I'm gonna try to do is enable a function to make wall scrolling both horizontal and vertical.
And maybe even try to make it 1080p ready.

I created a fork last night and started with the wall function. I'm currently writing it as a seperate view(not sure if it would be better to make it a view option)
While creating the strings I saw that 31113 is the 'id' used for the "Wall" String.

Since you have them all nicely ordered in your strings.po I wanted the "Wall Vertical" to be something like 31113-1
I tried doing this like you suggested on git and it doesn't work unfortunatelly.

That's it for now I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way lol
(2016-05-23, 11:27)die4it Wrote: Hey Gade,

MaikoHermans here from your git repository.
I figured I would create this thread so I could ask any questions I stumble upon.

First what I'm gonna try to do is enable a function to make wall scrolling both horizontal and vertical.
And maybe even try to make it 1080p ready.

I created a fork last night and started with the wall function. I'm currently writing it as a seperate view(not sure if it would be better to make it a view option)

Hi Maiko.

I tried messing a little with the vertical wall view, but wasn't able to get the results I wanted. I might give it another go soon. Adding a view option is by far the way to do this.

(2016-05-23, 11:27)die4it Wrote: While creating the strings I saw that 31113 is the 'id' used for the "Wall" String.

Since you have them all nicely ordered in your strings.po I wanted the "Wall Vertical" to be something like 31113-1
I tried doing this like you suggested on git and it doesn't work unfortunatelly.

That's it for now I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way lol

Now I understand what you want to do woth the strings. That's not possible. You have to use the complete strings either from the skin, adding your own or using the default Kodi ones.

Cheers
Gade
(2016-05-23, 19:24)Gade Wrote: Hi Maiko.

I tried messing a little with the vertical wall view, but wasn't able to get the results I wanted. I might give it another go soon. Adding a view option is by far the way to do this.

Alright I'll put it in the view options now that shouldn't be any problem I kinda figured out how that all worked last night. However what I was wondering is where do you put what this view does exactly?
I was looking for it last night but couldn't find it fast enough so decided to go to sleep.

BTW is there a easy way to see which ID is referening to what exactly?
(2016-05-23, 20:52)die4it Wrote: Alright I'll put it in the view options now that shouldn't be any problem I kinda figured out how that all worked last night. However what I was wondering is where do you put what this view does exactly?
I was looking for it last night but couldn't find it fast enough so decided to go to sleep.

What do you mean?

You need to look at how the wall view is built - itemlayout and focusedlayout. The actions etc are defined by Kodi.

(2016-05-23, 20:52)die4it Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 19:24)Gade Wrote: Hi Maiko.

BTW is there a easy way to see which ID is referening to what exactly?

Skin.ToggleDebug is a good start.

Put that action somewhere in your keymaps.

Other useful actions are: ReloadSkin() / Notification(Testing 123,Hello world) / ToggleDirtyRegionVisualization

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier Skin development help0