TVheadend client hangs while connecting to backend
I have two Raspberry Pi 2 (RP2), OPENelec 6.03 with 2 DVB-T tuners, and using TVHeadend frontend and backend for live TV. Everything was working normally and I had to create another system. So, my original system is on 192.168.1.x and this second is on 192.168.2.x. Apart from that, only channels were rescanned.

RP2 with TVheadEnd backend works normally, and at the same time the TVHeadEnd frontend (in Kodi) on the same RP2 works normally. No problems with connecting.

But, second RP2 can not connect to the backend on the first RP2. I stress, everything was working while on the original addresses, now first one works normally (saving to NAS, I can see live TV on e.g. another computer or TV connected to it). Second one can see NAS and all other networked devices, but when I activate Television and it tries to connect to second RP2 with backend, it simply hangs there until I restart it!

I have tried OpenELec 5.0.8 on this second RP" but the same problem. Starts connecting and hangs there forever. Normally, in my original first instalation frontend on the second RP2 is set to connect to backend at 192.168.1.7 and on the first one frontend connects to backend using 127.0.0.1. On this second instalation, I tried changing addresses for second frontend to connect to backend at 192.168.2.7 and 127.0.0.1. First address hangs, second does not connect.

To my knowledge, I have changed all the addresses on both RP2 as all other functions work correctly.
(2016-05-23, 13:39)pila Wrote: Normally, in my original first instalation frontend on the second RP2 is set to connect to backend at 192.168.1.7 and on the first one frontend connects to backend using 127.0.0.1. On this second instalation, I tried changing addresses for second frontend to connect to backend at 192.168.2.7 and 127.0.0.1. First address hangs, second does not connect.

Second probably does not connect because it's not in the permitted address range as set in your router. In most home installations you only change the last octet (the numbers after the last . character) but the first three octets stay the same for all devices on your network. It's possible to use a wider range but out of the box most home routers assume you will not have more than about 252 devices on your local network. So if all your other devices start with 192.168.1 then changing one to start with 192.168.2 probably won't work.
No: my original instalation was made on 192.168.1.x. Then I moved everything to a new location and changed everything to 192.168.2.x and all the x's remained the same. So here everything is 192.168.2.x. The only difference is tha there I have an router configured to work as Access Point and first RP2 is connected to AP using LAN and second is connected to the Router using LAN cable.

But, what troubles me - everything else works as it should! I can connet usng my computer to the router (WLAN) and watch Live TV from the RP2 connected to the AP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVheadend client hangs while connecting to backend0