Beta Latest version of OpenELEC remote issue
I have a Mediapi Plus which comes with a remote and OpenELEC preinstalled on a microSD card. I installed the Raspberry Pi 3 and a 4TB Seagate USB drive. Running the 6.0.3 version works fine with my remote with the exception of the context button (which doubles as an 'enter' or 'OK' button) but upgrading to this beta in order to be more compatible with my addons and skins I find myself missing the home button which acts as a back button. I find my remote now basically useless. Doing an upgrade to the earlier version confirms the remote works and this is a configuration issue.

The manufacturer's website includes lirc config file and a button mapping xml, but adding those to the system did not restore functionality. Have already emailed the manufacturer through the website but also posting here in hopes of a fix.

I've posted this in the announcement thread over at the OpenELEC forum but I'm posting it again here in hopes that someone knows what to edit to fix things.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my 0PM92
I recently tried out LibreELEC hoping maybe the problem wouldn't be there, but while the home button worked it just caused the sidebar menu to display--none of the buttons took me backwards or to the home screen.

Could someone please look at the lirc config file linked in the first post and button mapping xml included with it to see what has changed since the 15.2 release that is different now? I'm willing to edit whatever files I need to, I just don't have any idea where to start.

I have reached out to the manufacturer of the case and the IR module + remote and they said they were passing along the information to their tech people and would get back to me. That was almost a week ago and I've heard nothing since from anyone. I bought this thing to be used at family functions so I'd really prefer to be running the most recent release when I show it off to my brother and sister and our cousins this weekend as it is now, many addons do not work.

Thanks again.
The function of the menu button changed in Kodi 16. If you change KEY_MENU To KEY_BACK in the config file you will at least be able to go back in the menu. There are 2 KEY_MENU in the config file I believe you have to replace the one that is mapped to the menu button not the one that is maps to zero. To get the context menu working you have to replace that key with KEY_CONTEXTMENU. I don't know what that is it could possibly be KEY_INFO but I don't know. If you want to get the original function of that home button back there is a way to do it but I'm not sure and I got used to just using the back button so I probably won't look into it. If you want to look into it I would suggest reading the Wiki's on LIRC (wiki) and key_maps (wiki). That config file that you'd like to also makes reference to red yellow green and blue Keys which the remote that's in the picture of your other link does not have. If you want to make your own config file it's not that hard if you just follow the wiki guide.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest version of OpenELEC remote issue0