Newly installed Kodi does not run.
Hello fellow kodi members and kodi support,

I recently rebooted my computer after installing a new SSD onto the computer. Previous to that I was using 15.2 isengard with no issues on start ups and such. Since I have rebooted my computer and no longer have 15.2 Isengard, I installed Kodi 16.1. However, after everytime I uninstall and reinstall; then start to run Kodi. My screen turns black sometimes providing me some sort of error or no error at all. Recent error's provided were a ERROR: Exception caught on main loop. Exiting issue.: I tried to find other ways to fix this but none were successful. I have a NVIDIA 770GTX GPU newly updated (given to prior investigations that the GPU were the problem; but was not for me). Please help me find a solution to this problem. Thank you.
Try 16.0 you'll find it under old builds nearer the bottom of the download page and report back pls.
I'm guessing its my computer but 15.2 and 16.0 does not work. This is weird because I did not do anything new but rebooted my computer.
whats the OS I'm betting windows 7?
Processor: I7
System Type: 64bit
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770
No hardware bottleneck anyway maybe just something not wanting to play, have you tried 16.1 as a portable clean install? Sometimes add-ons or other setting cause hiccups.

Just I see a lot of problems under windows 7 i.e. crashing - the freezing is done under windows 10 Smile

Altho maybe a thing of the past when the latest insider build hits the public its slick fast and Impressive and that's never been said by me about windows only Unix/Linux.
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok im having the same problem i updated xp machine to windows 7 getting the GPU ERROR black screen and exit problems. Have tried to download 16.1 15.2 and even xbmc. What am i doing wrong or how do i correct this error.
@dubb692003

Absolutely no point posting the same question in different threads, the answer remains the same;
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=277934
I found the fix for the issue that is causing Kodi to crash even during multiple installations.
The following link talks about controllers being plugged in and that it cause the Kodi to crash. https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/3..._10_crash/
I unplugged my controller and Kodi works perfect now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newly installed Kodi does not run.0