Solved kodi 17/libreELEC - volume step limit lower than 10
hi, switched from kodi 16/openelec to kodi 17/libreELEC for a rpi3. everything looks fine.
just one request regarding a volume step limit lower than 10 (currently 10 is the minimum step for volume you can set on libreELEC, for openelec i think was 2 or 1). a step limit of 2 would be nice for me.

i have audio coming from an 80s sansui amplifier (with no remote control) . the ampli is hooked in this way: rpi3->hifiberry digi --> dac magic 100 --> sansui amplifier.
the only way I control volume is from kodi (via samsung tv cec remote) and a step of 10 really turns the audio form barely audible to too loud.

if a step limit of 2 is added that would be really good for me!

thanks
Huh, that is odd. I would think 1 would be the minimum..

+1 from me (that might be a pun) ;)

EDIT: see below
it is user configurable. http://i.imgur.com/jlsMqk3.jpg set to 90 and you are done. this is a new setting, and it was never presend before (in earlier openelec versions)

what do you mean "lower than 10" ? 2 would mean volume at 50% for step1 and 100% for step2.
auch... sorry. i completely misunderstood the meaning of steps.
now i get it. to have what i want i can just set the step to 90.

sorry
Smile

yep. 90 is exactly same as old behaviour. the only new change was it is now exposed as user setting, because many people have remotes that lack propper autorepeat. 20 (5% per volume button press) as default was chosen by LE, as it's what most people would want
yeah, know i get it. 20 was too wide step for me, switched to 10 but i should i have switched the other way.. thanks
doh, it got me too. Thanks for the clarification.
This is a fantastic new setting and should help loads of people. Its one of my biggest reasons to upgrade to v17
Yes, really really nice this got added!
(2016-05-26, 12:53)zag Wrote: This is a fantastic new setting and should help loads of people. Its one of my biggest reasons to upgrade to v17
Fully agree.
Got one of those great remotes that has only one downside. Its has terrible autorepeat.
This is what will make me jump to 17. Good thing that I will not have to go back and re-set the value after reading this, thanks :-)
\edit haha, forgot I replied. Must....get...more....sleep..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 17/libreELEC - volume step limit lower than 100