VLC as external player
Hi and thanks in advance for anyone even taking the time to read this.
Im trying to set up kodi on an android device for my brother and since he wants the option to watch things in fast forward i want to use vlc as the main player. But vlc has an aweful interface so i want to keep kodi as the front end.
So ive put a lot of hours into reading and trying to solve this myself. Ive managed to get most things to work as they should. It launches vlc and all works fine..Unless there is a space or bracket in the name of the file or directory. Thats like 99% of all my files.
I think what i need is some little line in the file that tells vlc to ignore the spaces and brackets? I thought thats what the "{1}" thing meant from what little i could understand. Can you tell im not technical at all? I am trying though.
Below is the file i am using at the moment. Could anyone tell me what i need to make it work?

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="VLCPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>org.videolan.vlc</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="Playtype" filetype="mkv|mp4|avi" player="VLCPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
no one?
Only recently VLC has introduced its own SMB access to play a file over the network. Are you using such a version? What happens with local video files?
everything works fine, over smb or locally as long as the file name has no spaces or brackets in it. So i dont think its anything to do with smb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VLC as external player0