What do you use Kodi for?
(2016-05-25, 15:09)stefansaraev Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 14:42)Vidman Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 07:07)Memphiz Wrote: i use it for banned addons
Which ones?

all of them

Remember kids, if you use all banned addons at once they cancel out the bad effects one of them might have on your system.

See the gif below for an illustration of how this works.

Live TV Via my hdhomerun prime 4 different ways
  • iptv simple pvr
  • tv guide add-on
  • official hdhomerun add-on
  • PseudoTV Live

Manage my DVR recordings. Use it as a front end for my emby server which also acts as a DVR.

Music, iplayer www add-on in the kodi repo, listening to music, pandoroki (spelling?), emulators (soon).
(2016-05-25, 20:15)0wing Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 15:09)stefansaraev Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 14:42)Vidman Wrote: Which ones?

all of them

Remember kids, if you use all banned addons at once they cancel out the bad effects one of them might have on your system.

See the gif below for an illustration of how this works.

haha. thats right!

I use it for live tv, via pvr.hts. and spotimc (once a month). + small library (no more than 200G) on a nas, mostly music, nothing pirated. no addons. not even using any of those in official repository.

if kodi drops python addons support, I wont really miss it Wink
OK, since nobody is willing to say it , p-o-r-n
PVR front end (tvheadend), YouTube Minecraft videos for the kids, BR and DVD rips, CD rips, sometimes browsing my photos, sometimes iPlayer (so infrequently, I can't recall if it's broken at the moment or not). Also, it's the UPnP library for BubbleUPnP on my Android devices for music playback. Plus the odd movie trailer, and checking the weather.

Another one who'd barely notice the loss of installable addons, especially if it opened up official binary addons for the legitimate streaming sources.
to keep the squirrels happy, you don't want to mess with an angry squirrel trust me.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
I use iPlayer.
I sometimes cast videos from my phone (uPnP).
But mostly it's video files that live on my local network, played over nfs.
As a one-stop shop (one single interface for):

Watching free-to-air live TV & Radio from dish and aerial (high quality & 100% reliable).
Recording live TV to network drive (playback on any TV or computer in the house, and lots of storage space).
Watching Movies, TV Shows, Recordings, and listening to music, from my network drive (playback on any TV or computer in house).
Listening to Google Play Music from my Google Play account.
Listening to internet radio and podcasts from my Tune-In account.
Watching YouTube from my YouTube account.
Watching NASA TV.
Watching content from a couple of banned add-ons.
Spending time on forum, podcast, YouTube constantly finding more cool stuff that I never knew about before.

Doing all above on stable setup for main TV, using LibreELEC
Doing all above on semi-stable/future versions on 2nd TV, using LibreLEC on pi3
Doing all above on bleeding edge experimental v17 versions on Macbook, using OSX

What I'm thinking I'll do next....
Setup the plug-in with my LIFX lightbulbs
Maybe setup local server to track playback counts across TV's/computers in the house
Maybe start to use the photos functionality
Maybe hook up and watch some CCTV cameras I'm gonna get
Maybe using it on the Android head unit in the car, plus...
...trying loads of the other stuff that people earlier in this thread are doing (especially Ned Scott's impressive long list)
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
I use mine as a security setup. I can pull all camera info from my smartphones and show them on my TV.

I also watch YouTube...my movie collection is digital...my home videos are all organized and digital...
I can control Kodi from my phone or laptop.
I can push YouTube content from my laptop or phone to any Kodi player...
There are a lot of channels that are listed free through Kodi that have a lot of good educational content.
Weather
All of my family pictures pull up on it from my cloud.
Pandora, even the free version, runs great.

Overall, it's just a fantastic platform!
I use Kodi on Windows (work), Android (TV, tablet) and on my PI (another TV)

- PVR
- local video library (ripped DVD/Bluray collection on NAS)
- music (mostly google-music add-on)
- video add-ons for:
* tech news and reviews
* game trailers, reviews
* movie trailers
* youtube
* and basically all add-ons from local free-to-air TV stations in order to browse their online media center in case I missed something

even on Android, where there are native apps for many of the things I'm watching via Kodi, I prefer the add-ons from Kodi as they are much nicer to use and everything is basically working the same.

Once I finished reconstruction of my house, I'll do some more fancy stuff with Kodi, like self-made ambilight, controlling home automation (dimming room light when video playback starts, ...) and whatever else comes to my mind
(2016-05-31, 09:01)da-anda Wrote: ...even on Android, where there are native apps for many of the things I'm watching via Kodi, I prefer the add-ons from Kodi as they are much nicer to use and everything is basically working the same.

This^^^. Also for the reason that with Kodi everything is then collectively in one app (Kodi) with the same user interface and functionality.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Everything! Using Aeon Nox and Arctic Zypher have it customized so Movies/TV Shows goto PLEXBMC in the correct menus I have my Live TV working on both upstairs and downstairs with all channels working correctly, on-demand/recorded is a little bit and miss with the TV Guide and sometimes need to go a different way in.

iPlayer is also configured but don't use it often, however house pretty much just works on Kodi Smile
Local and online music and music videos mainly.
Playing local music (from the music library).
Playing local video from files view.

Don't stream, and would not miss the vast number of addons that are streaming related.
. Play local media (life-long cd/dvd/br images)
. Live-TV frontend for watching&recording cable subscription TV
. Stream some free services
. Bedroom advanced alarm clock (got rid of our 'legacy' one Sleepy )

My main aim was centralizing the big pile of smacked-together boxen and wires in one solution.
Well, that's definitely accomplished...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What do you use Kodi for?1