Req Generic backgrounds
Hello and thank you so very much for your incredible work.
I was wondering if it would be possible to include some generic backgrounds in the skin. I have posted about not being able to access C:/the home folder in the browse area I only get repository's that I have downloaded. That got me thinking that maybe an option to change the background in the skin would be nice. Maybe to one of the the colors in the in the skin already or possibly some generic patterns; carbon fiber, diamond plate and granite would be great examples.
(2016-05-25, 04:03)tface Wrote: Hello and thank you so very much for your incredible work.
I was wondering if it would be possible to include some generic backgrounds in the skin. I have posted about not being able to access C:/the home folder in the browse area I only get repository's that I have downloaded. That got me thinking that maybe an option to change the background in the skin would be nice. Maybe to one of the the colors in the in the skin already or possibly some generic patterns; carbon fiber, diamond plate and granite would be great examples.
Hello; I just wanted to clarify my post. In the background settings in the skin you have the ability to use an overlay and select a color. I have been able to get around the issue of not being able to access C: by using the random pictures background (C: is accessible). This works out alright and it allows for a set of generic images to be used. In doing this I have the background overlay set to none so that it does not effect the fan art (widgets lowered, mini poster, TMDB In-cinema...). So that being said, some form of generic background that did not overlay the fan art would work great for people such as myself who enjoy seeing what is the cinema and what to look forward to.
The file browse dialogs (to select your image) will only show locations that you added as a source to the kodi file manager. That behaviour is defined in Kodi core. Just open the File Manager and add some more sources.

I think you're mixing up a few things here. The background OVERLAY is an overlay that goes ON TOP of the background image.
For example to create some diffuse or blur effect over the background.

You are using the overlay image to set your custom background which is wrong.

Skin settings --> Background settings --> Global background

That's the one you need to specify your own custom background. Also you need to disable "Allow override of background on per-shortcut base" if you want to specify 1 image to apply all the time (otherwise you can specify a background for each menu shortcut).
(2016-05-29, 20:02)MikeMcr Wrote: I know you can change the background opacity from the colour picker under Background settings, Background overlay texture colour. However, that affects all views - can you customise it per view? For example, when music is playing full screen and it is displaying the artist slideshow it is hard to see so I'd like to prevent any transparency without affecting the other views. Is this possible?

Hello...
I think this post nailed down the issue I have with the images; the overlay covers up the fan art as it does the background. The overlay is a nice feature, but not when you want to see the art. The adding of c: as a source is something that I should have tried.
Thank you
P.S. Lowering the widgets and using the large widget area works great for seeing fan art.
Thank you all seems to be good now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Generic backgrounds0