Record and Write to Xbox Soundtrack Database (st.db)
Smile 
before i go anywhere great project guys can't wait for a full featured xbmc -

i want to do away with the use of my ms dashboard which i currently use to play my xbox soundtracks - is there a way you guys can incorporate into the music section an xbox soundtrack section where xbmc reads the st.db file as a playlist and shows the music linked in it, and if possible coz i know you are implementing a cd ripping feature soon, add the ability to add my own wma links to st.db so i can easily add my whole music collection to the xbox soundtracks.....

if wishes where horses they say....
(iibad @ april 13 2004,16:48 Wrote:music section and xbox soundtrack section where xbmc reads the st.db file as a playlist and shows the music linked in it
renaming this topic as that part has already been added to xbmc (very recently, see: access/read/display/play xbox dash st.db music)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
the ability to rip a folder to the hard drive as a ms soundtrack, for example over smb, so it can be played in ms dash and in games. i can't find any app for the pc or xbox that will do this, and trying to edit the st.db file myself is impossible, i just can't figure it out!
also, i know you can set it in keymap.xml, but it's too sensitive, which would be to have a fast foward and rewind in the x directions on the right analog stick.
another good one to have would be the option for xbmc to mount the xyz drives to the ftp server too.
(dignick @ nov. 29 2004,17:35 Wrote:i can't find any app for the pc or xbox that will do this
see here => http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....&t=6377 Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
thanks!

still would be nice to have this feature integrated into xbmc.
i can't believe no one else is interested in this feature!

my idea was that you could (over smb etc) select a folder and press a button 'rip as ms soundtrack' or something. now, this could just be allowed for folders containing wma's, where xbmc would just copy across the tracks and edit st.db file. and, if it's legal, if a user did this on a folder of mp3's, xbmc could convert them to wma's and then edit st.db as well. if there isn't a free codec that will do that, maybe file conversion would only be available after a user inserts thier own codec. it's just an idea but i would find it very useful and would love to see it in xbmc.
does xbmc developers plan to make it possible to add tracks to the ms music databse so you can easily add/delete tracks so they can be played in games.

or

is there a way i can replace the ms st.db with the xmbc music database?

:pirate:
reading must be magical or something, it's how i find all da anwsers!
------
Ubuntu 8.10 (64bit) | AMD Sempron 2600+ | ATi 2400HD Pro | Asus AE1 Barebone ---- Ubuntu 9.04RC (64bit) | AMD 5000+ | BIOSTAR TA790GX XE w/ ATi 3300
(b01 @ jan. 18 2005,21:26 Wrote:is there a way i can replace the ms st.db with the xmbc music database?
no
id like to use custom soundtracks in my games, and therefore i'd like the cd's ripped in the native format of the xbox...

since the ms-dash lacks support for cddb, i'd think this would be a great feature in xbmc!

this would require encoding support for wma, i guess, (xbmc can only rip to mp3/ogg, iirc?).

the only solution i have now is to rip on my pc and use the xbox soundtrack editor to transfer them, but it would be nice to do this directly within the box Smile

anyone know if this is possible without xbmc?

yours,
herman
it's not possible right now. i suspect that since there is no open source implementation of wma encoder that this is not likely to happen ever.

what would be a nice compromise would be the ability for xbmc to add a wma file from a network share into a custom soundtrack directly. in other words, integrating xbox soundtrack manager into xbmc.
i have a softmodded xbox with xbmc installed as dash. is it possible to use xbmc to make xbox soundtrack? soundtrack as in those you can use in games like forza. i dont have a cd burner thus no audio cd. but i have ftp access pc to xbox. is it possible to use xbmc to make xbox soundtrack?
nope its not possible to use xbmc to create xbox soundtracks.

maybe this can do what you need.
--> http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=394361

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Sad 
is it possible to rip a cd as ms soundtrack so games can use it? is there a script/app for that or do i place wma files via ftp in to certain dirs?

ps: i don't want to use old ms dash..
(ange @ aug. 04 2005,22:18 Wrote:is it possible to rip a cd as ms soundtrack so games can use it?
not with xbmc, and it probebely never will be possible until ffmpeg can reverse enginner a wma9 encodec because wma 9 is propriotory (= closed source).

(ange @ aug. 04 2005,22:18 Wrote:is there a script/app for that or do i place wma files via ftp in to certain dirs?
not for xbox, however there are applications for windows pc that can convert (to the special wmv format) and transfer such audio-files over the network.
Hi,

is it possible to support virtual xbox cd ripper type functionality in xbmc. what it'll do is add an ability in xbmc to create soundtracks from already library of songs so that the soundtrack can be used in games like burnout, gta etc. now the source code is also available so i am thinking if it feasible.

thanks,

sachin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record and Write to Xbox Soundtrack Database (st.db)0