automatic playlist with videos and pictures at startup
Hello,

I've installed openelec 6.0.3 on a raspberry pi 3.
The player starts automatically with a video playlist with the file autoexec.py located in /storage/.kodi/userdata/
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayMedia(/storage/.kodi/userdata/playlists/video/All.m3u)" )
xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayerControl(repeat)" )

Now, I would like to mix pictures and videos automatically at startup but I don't know how to do it.
If i add a video or a picture in a network share, it would be great if the playlist is updated automatically.

Any ideas would be interesting.
sorry if the question has already been posted but I didn't find the answer on this forum.
Moving to OS Independent - not RPi specific.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Finally, I've found the solution with this documentation :

http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions
I've changed autoexec.py :

import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin( "RecursiveSlideShow(/storage/videos/)" )
xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayerControl(RepeatAll)" )

I put pictures and videos in this directory :
/storage/videos/
and it seems to work.

I try to find the command to refresh the playlist when i add a file in this directory...
I put another picture in \\ip_adress\videos but I'm looking to refresh the playlist automatically... :-(
any idea please ?
Hi @vvv_id,

were you able to find a solution to automatically refreshing the slideshow playlist? I wonder if somebody else has a solution to this

thank you!
kxb3292

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
automatic playlist with videos and pictures at startup0