v17 Lircmap/remote entries ignored? Left sends right, Right sends up
Question 
I just updated from Kodi 15.noidea.what.exact.version to Kodi 17.0-ALPHA1 Git:bee0201 and my left and right key on my remote (Logitech Harmony 785) don't do what they are supposed to do.

When I press the left button it's like I was pressing the right button and if I press the right button it's like i was pressing the up button.

I've been using my remote and lirc configuration files since 2012 according to file dates and they've been always working fine when updating XMBC/Kodi, all my other buttons are still working fine.

Lircmap.xml
Code:
<lircmap>
        <remote device="mceusb-harmony">
                <left>KEY_LEFT</left>
                <right>KEY_RIGHT</right>

The name should be correct:
lirc/hardware.conf
Code:
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="/home/xbmc/lirc/lircd.conf.mceusb-harmony"

lircd.conf.mceusb-harmony
Code:
begin remote
  name        mceusb-harmony

irw reports KEY_LEFT and KEY_RIGHT when pressing the keys and it also reports mceusb-harmony.

kodi.log
Code:
DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 296805:000000037ff07bde 00 KEY_RIGHT mceusb-harmony (KEY_RIGHT)
DEBUG: OnKey: 168 (0xa8, obc87) pressed, action is Up
DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 295772:000000037ff07bdf 00 KEY_LEFT mceusb-harmony (KEY_LEFT)
DEBUG: OnKey: 169 (0xa9, obc86) pressed, action is Right

My workaround for now:

/home/xbmc/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml
Code:
<global>
        <universalremote>
                <obc86>Left</obc86>
                <obc87>Right</obc87>

<FullscreenVideo>
        <universalremote>
                <obc86>StepBack</obc86>
                <obc87>StepForward</obc87>

Results:
Code:
DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 17864:000000037ff07bde 00 KEY_RIGHT mceusb-harmony (KEY_RIGHT)
DEBUG: OnKey: 168 (0xa8, obc87) pressed, action is Right
DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 18581:000000037ff07bdf 00 KEY_LEFT mceusb-harmony (KEY_LEFT)
DEBUG: OnKey: 169 (0xa9, obc86) pressed, action is Left

I only posted the releveant parts of my config files, tags are closed of course, if you need the full ones I can upload them.

If this is the wrong forum please move, I don't know if the bug existed in v16 because I didn't use it.

Is this intended or do I have to rewrite any settings files to use them in latest Kodi?

There's a similar problem here but I didn't change any system files, they are all up to date (used diff against the content of the extracted deb file).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lircmap/remote entries ignored? Left sends right, Right sends up1