General questions (particularly New Zealand)
Hi everyone

I'm urgently trying to find a reliable PVR solution for Kodi on Windows, receiving DVB-T2 (Freeview HD, New Zealand).

I'm looking at DVBViewer, but before I pay for a licence I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me out and answer a few questions about using it with Kodi:
  1. I need a set-and-forget, reliable PVR back-end, usable for the whole family. Are DVBViewer and its Kodi addon reliable? (I'm using NextPVR at the moment, but there are too many bugs and reliability problems going unfixed - random crashes, especially if the signal weakens, timers apparently recording successfully but then occasionally being blank, throwing a fit if someone puts the computer to sleep while watching live TV, etc.)
  2. Once DVBViewer is set up, can one-off and series recordings be set up and edited without having to leave Kodi (going to DVBViewer's Windows / web interface)?
  3. Granted, these aren't about the Kodi addon, but...
    1. Can DVBViewer grab over-the-air EPG data (NZ Freeview EPG data is provided through MHEG-5) without any additional utilities (other than perhaps the MHEG-5 plug-in)?
    2. Will DVBViewer automatically find new channels and remove ones that are no longer broadcasting / are scrambled / can't be tuned in to for whatever reason?
Realise these are a lot of questions, but I don't seem to be able to find current, straightforward answers anywhere!

Thanks a lot. Nathan
Hi, from NZ too. I use mythtv which is great, although the backend does not run on windows.

For an xml compatible grabber, Google tv-grab-nz_py
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General questions (particularly New Zealand)0