Send audio from RP2 to phone
My problem is that I want to listen to a movie, or TV show quietly but don't know how to get the audio from TV to my phone. So I was thinking of getting a Bluetooth transmitter so I could just plug that into my TV and send the audio to my phone which would have earbuds in it. I was hoping there would be another way on how to do this so I wouldn't have to spend 28 dollars on a good Bluetooth transmitter. Is there anything out there that will let me send audio ( I don't really need video as all I want is to listen to it) to my phone. It would have to work with a add-on in the background.
Well, it it's an Android phone and unless something's changed recently, I'm pretty sure the answer is no. What I learnt when I Googled this a few months back is that you want your phone to be an 'a2dp sink' (I hope I got that right). This has not been implemented in Android and I couldn't find any indication that it ever would be. I think it's a licensing thing.

As far as the transmitting part goes, would a bluetooth dongle in your RPi2 work? I don't know...

With Bluetooth, too, you may run into latency issues, with the vision and sound being slightly out of sync. I threw a bit of money at the problem. I got a Bluetooth transmitter that uses the AptX low-latency codec and a headset that can use that same codec. That was about $200 US at discounted prices.

Edit: Just re-read your post and realised that I didn't quite answer your question. Is there another way (apart from Bluetooth) of getting just the audio to your phone? I think this has been asked before and the answer was again no. It would be nice if someone were to prove me wrong. I'd like to do this too.
If it does not have to be wirless http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-Headp...B0002KR13M
Okay so it sounds like there isn't really a way to do this wireless unless you spend some money which is what I was trying to prevent. I guess I will just have to go wired and buy a 5$ cable. thanks for the responses though.
Rpi3 has bt built in.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Send audio from RP2 to phone1