Loop Splash Video?
I've scoured the forums on looping a splash video in Aeon Nox and I can't find anything on how to do it. I have a splash video playing without problem one time, but I'd like to have it loop until I start using an addon. Is this possible? Here's the line of code I'm using in Startup.xml to load the video:

Code:
<onload>PlayMedia(special://userdata/playlists/video/GoldRings.mp4,1)</onload>

I've tried changing the value after the video file name, but anything other than 1 displays the video without the menu bar. I'd like to keep the menu bar when Kodi loads.

Edit: I figured out how to loop the video, however the problem now is the menu bar displays the first time when Kodi loads, but when the video is played after the first time the menu bar disappears. Only the video can be seen then. Is there a way to persist the menu?

Here's the working looping code that loops but doesn't preserve the menu. First create a playlist file with the location of the video like this on one line:

Code:
special://userdata/playlists/video/GoldRings.mp4

Create a file autoexec.py in the userdata directory and add this:

Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayMedia(special://userdata/playlists/video/playlist.m3u,1)" )
xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayerControl(repeat)" )

I even tried to "hack" around this problem by using an animated gif, However the way Kodi handles it removes the menu bar as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loop Splash Video?0