v16 Fast backward by Frame ?
Hello,

I wanted to change the AdvancedSettings.xml file in order to make a small backward of 5 seconds for movies and animated with subtitle.

The concern is that when returning back, it's never exactly 5 seconds, it may be 3s, 5s, 10s, it's truly random.

Is it possible to do a search by frame ?

Thanks !
It is not possible ?
It's not possible with hw decoders. As they normally decode forward. If you need this "video editor" like behaviour try without hw acceleration.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Even without acceleration, the problem is still there.
Correct. This behaviour is not limited to hw decoders but decoding in general. Some videos only have recovery points every 10 seconds. That are the points where decoding can be started without having video corruption. Assume we are at the position of a recovery point and want to go one frame back. We would need to go 10 seconds back, than decoder almost 10 seconds forward.
My RPi-3 has some difficulty doing reverse playback of my BD rips but i get a fluid reverse playback on my BD player.
Is it that my BD player uses some sort post decode video cache of sorts that allows for such fluid playback and is this something that can be implemented within Kodi (for some platforms)?
Obviously such a cache wont help on my RPi due to it having a small amount of RAM but i guess it could work on a PC ...

Just wondering Smile
I'm a XBMC novice :)
And it is not possible to search by frame rather than second ?
@Alyy: At least _try_ to read what we wrote above.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-06-02, 12:52)skylarking Wrote: My RPi-3 has some difficulty doing reverse playback of my BD rips but i get a fluid reverse playback on my BD player.
Is it that my BD player uses some sort post decode video cache of sorts that allows for such fluid playback and is this something that can be implemented within Kodi (for some platforms)?
Obviously such a cache wont help on my RPi due to it having a small amount of RAM but i guess it could work on a PC ...

Just wondering Smile

Yes, for rewinding a small period such a cache would make sense. The problem is that such an implementation is platform dependent and also requires some changes in platform independent code. Would be a nice feature but there are higher prio tasks on my todo list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fast backward by Frame ?0