Problem with fast moving objects in recording
Here I have another example that I have some problem with. It doesn't matter if I'm using MMAL or OMX. As far as I know I have all settings to default. Deinterlacing set to Auto. Sync playback to display enabled.

The problem here is a clip of a soccer game. When the ball is moving fast it almost disappears. I've made a small clip, and it is most obvious around 40 seconds in, when the goalkeeper kicks the ball across the field.
MythTV frontend don't have a problem with this clip, and the ball is also visible in both VLC and Windows Media player.

As I said as far as I know, besides the settings above, I have everything at default. And I'm using a Pi3.

But if anyone else could test the clip and see if they have the same problem it would be great.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0uhbarix9s5w2...er.ts?dl=0
http://www.raspberrypi.com/license-keys/
Already have those keys installed.

Pi3:~ # vcgencmd codec_enabled MPG2
MPG2=enabled
Pi3:~ # vcgencmd codec_enabled WVC1
WVC1=enabled
Maybe someone have the possibility to just try the clip on their Pi setup?
So I know if the problem is my setup or Kodi.
Looks fine on my TV.

Make sure you disable "noise reduction" and anything to do with motion on your TV's settings.
Don't think this is Pi related.

I had major ghosting on a tv show the other week, couldn't figure out what was going on, till I realised someone had changed the TV'S profile to a predefined setting which had noise reduction set to high. This was the cause.
Thanks for trying. Don't think it is the TV since it looks good playing in MythTV frontend which is connected to the same TV. Both connected using HDMI.
I've tested the file too. Ball never disappears for me when playing on Pi. Video looks very similar to playback with VLC on a PC.

I agree with loggio - most likely a noise reduction/motion smoothing algorithm on TV interfering.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with fast moving objects in recording0