Linux Uk TV - Virgon Media
Hello all,

To explain, I set up a second Kodi to use in our bedroom (a all in one computer - no TV screen) Manage to get the two Kodi to share an emby database.

However we are currently using our tablet to watch the TV with the Virgin TV Anywhere app - it would be obviously much better to stop using the tablet altogether and be able to watch the tv from the computer also.

I have been searching for a solution either a good video addons which will have UK tv channel or even better an hack to be able to use virgin on Kodi - I know that's very unlikely.

Any tips or suggestion?

many thanks,
A quick google reveals only piracy addons. You are welcome to Google and follow some instructions, but don't come back here for help! (Refer forum rules)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The only legit add-ons I know of for UK TV are iPlayer-WWW, the ITV player one and the TVCatch-up one from BLXD. But those are just a few freeview channels, you won't get any of the premium ones that you could via the Virgin TV one.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
There was some effort to make a plugins for Virgin Anywhere (my account was used for testing) but we didnt get far (anywhere)
Im happy to give credentials out again should someone want to restart development - but im not sure there is that much interest.
Another possibility for freeview is to enable/utilse PVR Filmon under kodi's Live TV.
(sImulates terrestrial tv connection for Filmon available channels without any Ariel & hardware etc)

As long as you have a free web account with Filmon your then able to save your favourite channels on web which then (after including user info in PVR Filmon kodi settings) become available via main kodi TV interface. I benefit of this method is you will then also have EPG information for channels and intuative channel switching within main kodi interface etc.

It's a bit slow to load up Filmon favourite channels at startup of kodi, but once up and running working well for me albeit with only an acceptable level of SD quality. (OK for a second room, with no Ariel connection etc)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-05-27, 19:42)MikeKL Wrote: Another possibility for freeview is to enable/utilse PVR Filmon under kodi's Live TV.
(sImulates terrestrial tv connection for Filmon available channels without any Ariel & hardware etc)

As long as you have a free web account with Filmon your then able to save your favourite channels on web which then (after including user info in PVR Filmon kodi settings) become available via main kodi TV interface. I benefit of this method is you will then also have EPG information for channels and intuative channel switching within main kodi interface etc.

It's a bit slow to load up Filmon favourite channels at startup of kodi, but once up and running working well for me albeit with only an acceptable level of SD quality. (OK for a second room, with no Ariel connection etc)

Yes. I never really played with Filmon and TV Catchup that much because the quality was so lousy compared to a Raspberry Pi and a DVB-T2 dongle acting as a TV Headend back end (which isn't THAT expensive and solves the 'no aerial cable in bedroom' issue by streaming locally received Freeview over IP).

I've since switched to a Chromebox as my backend (which now almost has a tuner per mux - so I can watch and record multiple channels with no clashes. PS3 PlayTV tuners - Dual DVB-T for a tenner on eBay - are a great way of doing this. 3 of them gives you all 6 UK Freeview SD muxes - PSB1&2, COM4,5&6 and Local - and 2 x DVB-T2 (cheap August T210s in my case) give you PSB3 & COM7 - I just need a third T2 tuner for COM8...

No solution for the OP who wanted to use his Virgin Media online viewing sub in Kodi. If there is an Android app then you might find that Android boxes like the Wetek Core, nVidia Shield, Google Nexus Player, Amazon Fire TV (if you can side load the Virgin Android app) or forthcoming Wetek Hub might be a solution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Uk TV - Virgon Media0