Linux Cannot open DVD ISOs - including non-encrypted ISOs
Hi,

I've just re-installed my creaking Ubuntu 10.04 system with a fresh Ubuntu 16.04, and have installed Kodi. On this re-installed system, I cannot play any of the .ISO rips of my DVD collection, including any ISOs of DVDs I originally authored myself. The old 10.04/XBMC system could play these files.

I do not believe it's a libdvdcss issues, since I've installed the libdvd-pkg package and have confirmed that VLC on the same machine can play the same .ISO files, plus, as I say, I also can't play my own authored, non-encrypted DVD ISOs. When I play the ISO, I get a Waiting widget that never goes away. If I press Stop, the Waiting animation freezes and I cannot do anything else, my only option is to do "killall -KILL kodi.bin".

System is Ubuntu 16.04LTS up-to-date as of 2016/05/27, Kodi 15.2, kernel 4.4.0-22-generic.
Arch is x86_64.
CPU: Intel® Atom™ CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz
System: Aspire R3700
GIT revision is helpfully (unknown)(Compiled: 15.2+dfsg1-3ubuntu1).

Debug-enabled kodi.log is here:
http://xbmclogs.com/pvuv0aqq4

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to get this working. I have spent a fair amount of time ripping my DVD collection, and being unable to access it on my Kodi system is quite a pain.

Cheers,
--Dave
Kodi from Debian -> this debianized build is not supported by us. Try with our PPA(s) or report to debian.
(2016-05-28, 08:11)wsnipex Wrote: Kodi from Debian -> this debianized build is not supported by us. Try with our PPA(s) or report to debian.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I'll try your PPAs, since I'm guessing they'll probably be updated more frequently/reliably anyway, plus the whole support thing! I'll come back if I've still got issues.

Thanks again.
--Dave
Bingo. Kodi 16.1 from your PPAs works perfectly. DVD ISO playback all good. Many thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot open DVD ISOs - including non-encrypted ISOs0