• 3(current)
xbmcmail pop3 (POP/SMTP) e-mail client for XBMC
great work burriko! i love the script.

once writing emails as well is inserted ( hopefully with keyboard support ) this is by far the moste useful extension for xbmc !

best regards

feature request

- multi account checking, i think a few people have more than just one account ( i got 5 for example )

- writing emails :d
(craigger @ april 24 2004,14:49 Wrote:i would like to be able to enter an ip address for the server name instead of the fqdn.

when i tried using an ip address i got a connect error.
i tried substituting my mail servers ip address in place of the domain name address and it worked fine, so ip addresses do work. perhaps it's something else causing your problem?
sorry.....my dumb mistake

thanks,

craig
new version, 0.3, just released. check the first post in this thread for details.

i've attempted to add a 720p mode, but i don't think i've done a very good job. if some hdtv people (aurora13) could try it out and let me know if it's any good. if you wish to change any of the layout that would be appreciated. simply open xbmcmail.py in a text editor and you'll find that near the top there's a chunk of good for each resolution. simply change the coordinates for the 720p things until you get what you want. i've also added a section for 1080i if someone wants to try that, i haven't even attempted to fill in values for it yet.
if you do find better values for the hdtv resolutions then please send the updated xbmcmail.py to me and i'll include it in the next release.

thanks.
Thumbs Up 
you did a very good job!
yesterday i already changed the 0.2 version by myself, but you did almost the same job and that without a hdtv!

to use a little more of the screen, i will change the 0.3 version to make it more in the style of mine 720p mediacenter skin. will make pictures of both your version and mine version, so you can check easily which one you like.
*** n00b warning ****

do you know if or how i can change the script to receive webmail like hotmail?
(gerner @ may 02 2004,04:28 Wrote:*** n00b warning ****

do you know if or how i can change the script to receive webmail like hotmail?
i use a program called http://www.fitsoftware.com

you simply specify 127.0.0.1 as your pop server. unfortunately i am not sure how to use it on the xbox.
hmm... i think your xbox should be able to retrieve your hotmail using using hotmail popper running on your pc. run hotmail popper on your pc, but change the config to use your pc's real ip address (not 127.0.0.1.) you can leave all other setting the same.

in xbmcmail.py, enter your pc's ip address for server, and your hotmail username for user, and your hotmail password as pass.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thumbs Up 
@burriko
this is how it looks with 0.3:
my email
my email fullscreen

i changed it a little bit to look like this:
my email (new)
my email fullscreen (new)

see if you like it (download here), otherwise stick to your version since it already looks very good. keep up the good work!
(kraqh3d @ may 02 2004,07:38 Wrote:hmm... i think your xbox should be able to retrieve your hotmail using using hotmail popper running on your pc. run hotmail popper on your pc, but change the config to use your pc's real ip address (not 127.0.0.1.)  you can leave all other setting the same.

in xbmcmail.py, enter your pc's ip address for server, and your hotmail username for user, and your hotmail password as pass.
worked a treat! thanks for your help.
hello,

i seem to be having a bit of trouble with the xbmcmail script. it will not execute from "my email" or under settings->general->scripts.

furthermore, after replacing the skins folder and strings.xml, my screen looks like this:

linkage

i have a regular ntsc television. sadly, i do not have high definition Sad . i also have the newest official release of xbmc.

any help would be very much appreciated.

p.s. i use a few other scripts regularly...so i know there isnt a prblem with the python directory.
oops. that's what i get for not testing in ntsc when i released 0.3. i've fixed the skin problem now (download 0.3a from the first post in this thread).

as for not being able to run the script. firstly check that you have the file python23.zlib in your /xbmc/python folder on your xbox. if you don't then you need to extract it from the python.rar file that comes with xbmc.
if you do have that file then try running the script from the settings->general->scripts section, and then press the white button on your controller and see what the error message is.

thanks.
you were right. my python folder was empty. i wonder why the other scripts (autoplay and sleeptimer) were able to run. they probably didn't call any of the functions included in the python library.

the skin fix you did helped. it fixed the menus on the right side. however, the large logo on the left still moves down a bit when selecting "my mail" or settings. i'll look into it and try to figure it out.

thanks a lot for your help and quick response!
sorry about that, the skin should be fixed properly now if you download 0.3b.
thanks burriko.

it looks great now.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcmail pop3 (POP/SMTP) e-mail client for XBMC0