Power off system in Windows 10 does not work
Hello,

I upgraded form Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Since then I sometimes have problems with shutting the whole system down with "Power Off System".

Kodi (16.1) is set up correctly. Sometimes it works, but sometimes only Kodi is closed and you can see the desktop. Then nothing happens...
I have the problem with two different computers.
Does anybody have a solution for this?

chancenvergeber
Close Kodi then shutdown? or are you using kodi as the shell?
I just tried with a nightly build on my Win 10 PC and 16.1 on my NUC and both will go through a full shutdown.

Maybe do a complete a uninstall (and appdata) and do a fresh install again.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
I am not using Kodi as the shell.
I am used to controlling everything with my remote - now I either have to get my keyboard/touchpad to shutdoen windows or I use the on/off switch on the computer, but both ways are not really great.

I don't know what changed with Win10 and why this behavior is intermittent.

One system was a fresh install - so I don't think this is a solution.
Maybe Win10 and my hardware AMD E350 (on both systems, but different mainboard manufacturers) have some kind of compatibility issue.
I've been having this exact same issue since upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. Sometimes, a shutdown through the Kodi power menu will shut my whole HTPC down (which I want). Other times, it only closes Kodi, and leaves the PC running normally. This never happened in Win 7. I've tried a fresh install, and it did not help. Did you ever resolve this, or are others experiencing the same thing?
Still an ongoing issue...
The culprit could be many different things, but just fyi in my setup, which is a pretty default one for both windows and Kodi, I have never encountered this behaviour. This is with 16.1
What version of Windows 10 do you guys use? I am running Win 10 Home.

As this behavior is only intermittent, it is very hard to find the root cause.
I'm running Pro. It's what I would call "frequent intermittent", as it happens a lot, but isn't predictable. I've had it work with the system up for only a few minutes to several hours, and I've had it not work in the same way. I really wish I was getting some kind of error message or log message about it, just so I had some indication. It almost feels like Kodi is doing what it should, but sometimes Windows rejects the shutdown request.
Running pro version and just let the anniversary update go through
What skin are you using? What is the cmd you are using to shut down windows? Have a look here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2383533 this is Titan but check the skin you are using and what action it uses to shut down
I use Confluence and "power off system" - all default, nothing fancy
1. Close Kodi
2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.confluence\720p
3. Make a backup copy of the file "DialogButtonMenu.xml" (just in case)
4. Download this zip: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1239...utdown.zip
5. Unzip the 2 files I created for you to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.confluence\720p\" and allow it to overwrite.

Voila, "power off system" now works as expected :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power off system in Windows 10 does not work0