• 3(current)
Broken XinBox (E-Mail Client for XBMC)
Sweet! I think that did itLaughBig GrinNod

After deleting: xbmc/mmrunning.xib
I think that may have been the culprit this whole time.
I am too nervous to try to using the mini-mode (just in case).

But hey i am just happy to have it working. Thanx alot for your patience m8.
This is by far one of my favorite scripts, good luck with your next project.

xXUndertowXx
Hey, you should try mini-mode :-D

should work good now.

Please, mini-mode will create an autoexec.py script in your xbmc/scripts folder. Do no delete this.

Thanks
Stanley87
xXUndertowXx Wrote:I wish you could just edit an excisting post Oo

But anywho,
after installing the 0.96 and finally getting it working (without mini-mode).
I now have this problem...make new account log in...works great!
Then when tried to log back in i get "no accounts created"...
When i try to click on "create" it wont let me, meaning nuthin happens.
basically leaving it unable to be used.

Sorry if i am being bothersome, Blushjust trying to be thorough so that you can get a good idea of my issues.

i am starting an XBMC repair business... i will come to your home and fix any problems you have with XBMC or scripts for a very low price... all i need is the money for a round-trip plane ticket, food and shelter for a week, and $200 spending money.... i accept paypal.... PM me if you are interested
Please no spamming :-p
Maybe it's nice to add a line below each mail just like Ms Hotmail does like: "This mail was send by XinBox, a script for XBMC created by Stanley87." or something like that.

I think it's a nice way to promote XBMC Smile
I did have this in the past, but some people don't like it :-S
Would be nice to promote XBMC and my script, maybe i will make it optional.
Another setting, fun fun :-D

Bigfoot87 Wrote:Maybe it's nice to add a line below each mail just like Ms Hotmail does like: "This mail was send by XinBox, a script for XBMC created by Stanley87." or something like that.

I think it's a nice way to promote XBMC Smile
Thumbs Down 
My first problem with the mini launcher is fixed no but still have a problem in the new version 0.97

When I start XinBox for the first time and fill in all the info everything is fine untill it downloads my inbox. It tells me it is downloading 304 e-mails which is does. Then when it starts to show the e-mails it gets to about 30% and then just freezes. I have lft it for over 1h and it is still stuck on 30%.

If I restart and then go into XinBox it comes up with the screen where it has the inbox then it just freezes but this time the whole xbox crashes.

It has done this no matter how many times I reinstall XinBox and delete everything....

Here is some info.

XBOX 1.1
XBMC August 5th 2007 Svn Rev9834 Build (Fixed dll)
XinBox 0.97
E-mail: Gmail - all settings look ok on the gmail side. But if you want anything changed ill list what I have.
Stanley87: just wanted to say, you have gone a long way from your first attempts with xbmcmail, recalled that you asked some questions on irc and looked at emuLauncher Smile

keep it up..
does this work with yahoo?because im having a bit errors with the the smtp server wich should ne smtp.mail.yahoo.com Sad
Hi,

Please read the readme and read the bit about Gmail.

Thanks
Stanley87

dafunks Wrote:My first problem with the mini launcher is fixed no but still have a problem in the new version 0.97

When I start XinBox for the first time and fill in all the info everything is fine untill it downloads my inbox. It tells me it is downloading 304 e-mails which is does. Then when it starts to show the e-mails it gets to about 30% and then just freezes. I have lft it for over 1h and it is still stuck on 30%.

If I restart and then go into XinBox it comes up with the screen where it has the inbox then it just freezes but this time the whole xbox crashes.

It has done this no matter how many times I reinstall XinBox and delete everything....

Here is some info.

XBOX 1.1
XBMC August 5th 2007 Svn Rev9834 Build (Fixed dll)
XinBox 0.97
E-mail: Gmail - all settings look ok on the gmail side. But if you want anything changed ill list what I have.
shizzle Wrote:does this work with yahoo?because im having a bit errors with the the smtp server wich should ne smtp.mail.yahoo.com Sad

According to Yahoo Mail, you need a Yahoo Mail Plus account for Pop access

Heres a link to there tutorial of how to enable pop access

http://help.yahoo.com/us/tutorials/mail/...cess4.html

Thanks,

Stanley87
blittan Wrote:Stanley87: just wanted to say, you have gone a long way from your first attempts with xbmcmail, recalled that you asked some questions on irc and looked at emuLauncher Smile

keep it up..

Thanks Blittan,

This means alot coming from a pro as urself :-D
Stan, got a question/suggestion... more of a quirk really.

On outgoing mail, can a signature be affixed? I ask as I have seen the silly "scanned by" at the bottom. So I get to thinking maybe for this... a
"Composed on MSXBox v(whatever) using (scriptname & version)" would be appropriate.

Whatcha think?
Yes, on the latest version i will release tonight, there is an option to Enable/Disable a small promote message at the bottom of emails.

The message is:

Email sent with XinBox
A XBMC script by Stanley87

Thanks,
Sweet, will be looking for it Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XinBox (E-Mail Client for XBMC)0