• 1(current)
adblink 6.0 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi
adbLink is a companion program for Kodi.

It works with Kodi for Windows, Mac,Linux and Android

Global Features

Manage multiple Kodi devices from one PC
Edit XML and other files on your devices
Clone Kodi setups to new devices
Backup/Restore Kodi setups
Custom Cache Support for Kodi
Log file viewer for adbLink/Kodi logs
Hyperlinked HTML Help

Android Features

Install Programs without Android SDK
ADB/Fastboot enabled command-line
Busybox for root and non-root
Built-in WIFI/USB remote
Move Kodi data to external drives
Manage devices via USB or IP address
Root-aware File Manager for Android devices
Install/Uninstall Apps

adbLink is available for Windows, macOS and Linux

download at: http://www.jocala.com
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
adbLink changelog

http://www.jocala.com/changelog.txt
I need help connecting to my FireTV using adblink. I have tried everything I know. I have Kodi 15.1 installed, but want to update to the most recent version. I also want to be able to connect an external hard drive to my firetv and play movies directly from it. I can stream movies over my network, but can't get adblink to connect. I have tried all suggestions. Rebooted everything, verified the IP address, allowed adblink through my firewall. I get a request timeout when I try to ping the AFTV IP address.

I used to be able to connect to it using adbfire with windows 7. I now have windows 10.

Here is the most recent log:

adbLink 2.04
Windows
------------
getting database record
SELECT Id FROM device WHERE description="FireTV"
SELECT daddr FROM device WHERE description="FireTV"
server started
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

starting server
getting database record
opening preferences dialog
Saving Device Record
updateDevice()
updating database adblink.db
UPDATE device SET daddr='192.168.1.3' WHERE Id=1
getting database record
SELECT Id FROM device WHERE description=""
SELECT daddr FROM device WHERE description=""
getting database record
connectunable to connect to :5555

connection attempt
unable to connect to :5555

process time duration: 1 seconds
detaching console process
server stopped
process time duration: 0 seconds
server stopped
process time duration: 4 seconds
closing program
server stopped

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote: I get a request timeout when I try to ping the AFTV IP address.

This is your problem. adbLink requires a network connection in order to connect,
unless you are connecting via USB. You should re-check your IP address.

As far as connecting a hard drive goes, your best bet is stickmount. adbLink's had drive connection is only usable by root, Kodi can't see it due to Android sandboxing.
Thank you for your reply. I have triple checked my IP address. I don't understand how I am able to stream movies over my network but cannot connect via adblink.

Can you point me in the direction of how to setup stickmount? Does it have to be rooted? Isn't there a AFTV that cannot be rooted? I am sure I have that one! Mine is Fire OS 5.2.1.0
(2016-06-12, 19:31)tfwise Wrote: Thank you for your reply. I have triple checked my IP address. I don't understand how I am able to stream movies over my network but cannot connect via adblink.

adbLink is a "front-end" for the command-line adb.exe program. What it does is build command strings and pass them to the adb.exe program, provided by Google. adb.exe (Android Debug Bridge) must have a path to your device in order to connect. If you can't ping your device, you don't have a network path. This isn't an adb/adbLink problem, it's an issue with your network. There could be dozens of reasons why you can't ping your device, the first thing I'd check is your device subnet.

The AFTV IP subnet in your log is 192.168.1; Check your computer's IP and make sure the subnet matches, i.e. it should be 192.168.1 as well. You may want to reboot your router and device and see if that helps.

(2016-06-12, 19:31)tfwise Wrote: Can you point me in the direction of how to setup stickmount? Does it have to be rooted? Isn't there a AFTV that cannot be rooted? I am sure I have that one! Mine is Fire OS 5.2.1.0

Stickmount does require root. Your AFTV may be able to be rooted. For general FireTV support in rooting/setting up your network, etc I suggest you post at http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv
why can i no longer find the screenshot button in adblink since name change?
(2016-07-09, 14:27)drizzt09 Wrote: why can i no longer find the screenshot button in adblink since name change?

Error on my part. The function returns in 2.05.
Hi,

Whenever I back up Kodi using adb it won't back up the temp folder, so when I reinstall on another device all addons go over but the set up doesn't.
(2016-07-24, 18:22)ashjf Wrote: Hi,

Whenever I back up Kodi using adb it won't back up the temp folder, so when I reinstall on another device all addons go over but the set up doesn't.

What "set up" are you referring to? adbLink backs up Kodi using the "adb pull" command, which backs up temp w/o issue here.
(2016-07-24, 20:37)jocala Wrote:

What "set up" are you referring to? adbLink backs up Kodi using the "adb pull" command, which backs up temp w/o issue here.

Its my own set up, when I use 'Back Up' it will back up media, addons, user data but not the temp filder.
When I restore it will just restore the plain Kodi skin and my addons are only available by clicking on addons, so no menu how I set it, no background images what I set, no sub menus that I set.
Tried on my deaktop and my laptop.
(2016-07-24, 23:03)ashjf Wrote:
(2016-07-24, 20:37)jocala Wrote:

Its my own set up, when I use 'Back Up' it will back up media, addons, user data but not the temp filder.
When I restore it will just restore the plain Kodi skin and my addons are only available by clicking on addons, so no menu how I set it, no background images what I set, no sub menus that I set.

OK, I think I understand your problem now. adbLink backs up Kodi by doing an "adb pull" on /files/.kodi which copies all files underneath /files/.kodi to the backup location you choose. This includes all non-empty top-level folders (userdata, addons,temp,etc) and subfolders. Why this isn't working in your case I don't know, so I'll need to clone your setup to see if I can spot the problem.

If you're working with addons from the Kodi repository only, please detail your setup. If you're working with addons that can't be discussed here, please reach out by email to jocala@jocala.com
(2016-07-24, 23:50)jocala Wrote:
(2016-07-24, 23:03)ashjf Wrote:
(2016-07-24, 20:37)jocala Wrote: What "set up" are you referring to? adbLink backs up Kodi using the "adb pull" command, which backs up temp w/o issue here.

OK, I think I understand your problem now. adbLink backs up Kodi by doing an "adb pull" on /files/.kodi which copies all files underneath /files/.kodi to the backup location you choose. This includes all non-empty top-level folders (userdata, addons,temp,etc) and subfolders. Why this isn't working in your case I don't know, so I'll need to clone your setup to see if I can spot the problem.

If you're working with addons from the Kodi repository only, please detail your setup. If you're working with addons that can't be discussed here, please reach out by email to jocala@jocala.com

Thank you, I will send you an email, what details do you need?
(2016-07-25, 08:22)ashjf Wrote:
(2016-07-24, 23:50)jocala Wrote:
(2016-07-24, 23:03)ashjf Wrote: Its my own set up, when I use 'Back Up' it will back up media, addons, user data but not the temp filder.

Thank you, I will send you an email, what details do you need?

Everything you installed on top of stock Kodi.
adbLink 2.05 changelog

View/copy Kodi log files

Bug condition in busybox installation fixed.

Screen capture function restored. See help.

"Device Unauthorized" help file added.

For drive mounting & samba please use
play store services.

http://www.jocala.com
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adblink 6.0 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi2