Improvement for multiple sources
This is more of a cosmetic thing, but maybe it is easy to implement:

a) When you add a source with multiple sources, for example:

E:\Series and F:\Series

then it works perfectly and adds the contents of both folder into one virtual folder. Now what I would love to see as an improvement, is that if in those directories, there are similar sub-folders, it would merge them as well. An example:

E:\Series\The Sopranos\Season 1
F:\Series\The Sopranos\Season 2

At the moment this shows up as:

The Sopranos\ Season 1
The Sopranos\ Season 2

in the new source. Would be quite neat, if it would merge it and show up as:

The Sopranos\Season 1
\Season 2

so that The Sopranos shows up only once in the wide icon overview list.

b) Another thing with multiple sources:

The sorting by name doesn't seem to work correctly, it sorts every source by itself and puts them together like this:

A, B, D (from source 1)
B, C, E (from source 2)

If you change the sort method to "by file name", it works correctly and is a good workaround, but it might be nice to change that.
It already merges identically named subfolders into their own virtual folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Argh, you are right - fooled by my own stupidity Wink I had a Sopranos and a The Sopranos folder. Sorry about that, that only leaves the sorting "bug" ? Wink
Which sort mode? It sorts fine here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hm, that confused me so i double checked. The situation is as follows, and I am not sure if it is really a bug, but you decide Smile

I added two folders as source target.

F:\Movies
and a smb share, called Movies 2 (to make explaining easier).

Now I think the "problem" is, that in F:\Movies my .avi files are just thrown in there, and in Movies 2, I have a sub folder for every movie. So it looks like this:

F:\Movies\movie1.avi , movie2.avi ...
smb://xxx/Movies2/Movie1/movie1.avi

If I combine those two as a share, then the sorting only works if I set it to "sort by file". If I set it to sort by name, then it sorts the directories first and then the names.

I was a bit stumped here, because I would have thought it would be the other way around *g*. Sort by file sorting directories first, and sort by name ignoring if it is a file or directory and just using the first letter. It probably is the best I use a consistent naming scheme, so I will move all my files into subdirectories. But still, since that had me confused twice now: do you think that it maybe should behave the same both times, for consistencys sake ?
that's exactly what sort by file is - mixed sorting of folders and files. its there for that very reason and no it doesnt make sense to make both do it - then they would be exactly the same.
Hm fair enough, they would be the same Wink Sorry, got a bit messed up with what the sorting would do, sorting by name sounded like it would just completely ignore filenames. Now that I understood that it's the other way around, it's ok with me Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improvement for multiple sources0