Video plays but with solid flashing colors
I'm not sure what happened. I updated to Jarvis and every time I try to play anything in Kodi the video is only solid colors that are flashing. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks in advance!
I came here for the same reason. I have a working setup in my living room and have no issues with Kodi at all there, so I wanted to set something up for my parents and I used an almost identical pc setup (the only thing that changed is a slightly different video processor, but it should still be able to play video in kodi) and I get the same solid color flashes whenever I try to play a video but the sound works fine. Also I tried installing kodi on a laptop that I used a couple years back for the same thing and got the same issue, which doesn't make sense because it worked when I used it back then. So I had to test it on my desktop and it works fine there.

Any help would be appreciated, I will continue to search the forums for an answer since this is the first post I saw about it. Thanks in advance Smile
Not meaning to Hijack your thread Bingham but I don't want to create more of the same posting since I have already seen a couple in the last couple of day about the same thing but I am going to share my debug log here and hope for an answer myself.

http://pastebin.com/2zP6UGKZ

I also tested the video that I tried to play in Kodi on VLC player and it works just fine on the same machine.
under video options set "render method" to "software". if this doesnt work disable dxva2.
Awesome, thank you Ed76. That worked perfectly!
Wink 
Worked perfectly!!! Thanks so much! I thought I would be bald from pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.
you both use windows, its because kodi version > 15 uses now directx 11. your graphics card is a little older and the drivers doesnt support dx11 very good. with "software mode" you get a higher cpu load, in general render method "pixelshader" or "dxva" is much better. if you got problems with stuttering/high cpu load update to newest driver you can find and try again with another render method or you have to buy a newer, cheap graphics gard.
Thank you again Ed76, that is good info and I will be sure to keep it in mind for future Kodi projects.
You star, fixed mine too Smile
Super star! the render method fixed my hp mini flashing screen colors!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video plays but with solid flashing colors0