Live TV pixelation in Kodi
Greetings fellows. Kodi rookie here. Just migrated to Windows 10, had been avoiding it as there's no WMC, but decided to finally bite the bullet with the free upgrade expiring soon. The transition has been mostly painless. I installed NextPVR, which was simple. Kodi's install went well, and pairing the two was also easy. Guide data got a little hairy, but I got that figured out with zap2xml. My WMC remote doesn't quite work right, but I can live with that until I have time to iron it out.

My biggest issue came tonight. I fired up Kodi to watch the NBA finals game tonight. ABC is a channel I've been able to record great since I moved my antenna to the roof. WMC's had no issues recording. However Kodi just started pixelating as soon as I tuned to ABC. I've noticed light pixelation on the NBC channel, which is even stronger than ABC's signal. However the ABC feed was unwatchable. It struggled with video for a while, before the screen pixelized and froze. The audio kept trying, but also digitized.

I turned off Kodi and fired up NextPVR, then was able to watch the whole game without a hiccup. I gave Kodi a few minutes to try to figure it out before switching to NextPVR, and NPVR had no issues. So I don't believe it was a glitch in the signal. Any suggestions what I should attempt?

Also, being my first thread here, I want to extend a big thanks to all the work the devs have put into Kodi. My experience so far has been pretty good, the program is rather polished I think. A bit of a learning curve, but from what I've seen there's plenty of active work being done to improve it. I wish I could help, but my programming abilities are VERY limited, and the 5 young kids leave no free time to get better. But I appreciate any help you send my way.
5 young kids? Brave man.

A debug log (wiki) might help.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not THAT brave, we thought 4 kids would make a lovely family. 4th kid came with a twin though.

I got the jist of the debug logging from your link, I'll attempt to tackle it later. I was able to watch all channels flawlessly this AM when I was testing Kodi out. So it may be finicky to reproduce.
Forgive the lack of follow up. I ran into too many brick walls and fled like a little girl back to WMC. I was able to get WMC running in Windows 10, and couldn't be happier.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV pixelation in Kodi0