Kodi 17 Development
hi guys

just wondering how development on Kodi 17 is going since its in alpha? is there also a projected time frame for the actual beta release of 17 for the current devices that are supported and also TVOS

Thanks in advance guysBig GrinBig Grin
Devices:
Apple TV 4th Gen
iPhone 6S Plus
iPad Pro 9.7"
Apple Watch 1st Gen
there will be no tvos support in version 17. Beside that we never give estimates because we don't have ones...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Does that mean maybe Kodi 18 will support TVOS officially? Since the alphas are based off 17
Devices:
Apple TV 4th Gen
iPhone 6S Plus
iPad Pro 9.7"
Apple Watch 1st Gen
Well as of know i consider the sideloading on atv4 so Cumbersome that i am not willing to Risk the increased support burdon which would result in making atv4 an official platform ... Having to redo the signing every 7 days makes this platform nearly useless. Also driving a Couple of thousands of users to the payed Developer program just for having to resign Once a year feels wrong. This would be a reward to Apple for doing this stupidity with the Free dev accounts...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-06-05, 13:25)Memphiz Wrote: Well as of know i consider the sideloading on atv4 so Cumbersome that i am not willing to Risk the increased support burdon which would result in making atv4 an official platform ... Having to redo the signing every 7 days makes this platform nearly useless. Also driving a Couple of thousands of users to the payed Developer program just for having to resign Once a year feels wrong. This would be a reward to Apple for doing this stupidity with the Free dev accounts...

Yes u r right. But what if we use the jailbreak way
Which keep the kodi without paying for dev account
But the support is still needed for kodi with either way
(2016-06-06, 00:04)Japgeisha Wrote:
(2016-06-05, 13:25)Memphiz Wrote: Well as of know i consider the sideloading on atv4 so Cumbersome that i am not willing to Risk the increased support burdon which would result in making atv4 an official platform ... Having to redo the signing every 7 days makes this platform nearly useless. Also driving a Couple of thousands of users to the payed Developer program just for having to resign Once a year feels wrong. This would be a reward to Apple for doing this stupidity with the Free dev accounts...

Yes u r right. But what if we use the jailbreak way
Which keep the kodi without paying for dev account
But the support is still needed for kodi with either way

At the moment only the first update 9.01 or around there is jailbreakable which hardly anyone has anymore so maybe Memphiz would change his mind if a new jailbreak for the latest os version was released
(2016-06-04, 12:05)atv4 Wrote: Does that mean maybe Kodi 18 will support TVOS officially? Since the alphas are based off 17

I've been following the progress of the ATV4 Kodi port ever since I got my ATV4 a month after it came out.

I just can't see Kodi 17 or 18 or even 19 getting officially supported, it just seems like too big of a hurdle considering the limited resources that are being put.

I've been quite impressed with the progress so far, but there's only so much that can happen with the 1 or 2 people working on it.
ok memphiz thanks for the infomation
Devices:
Apple TV 4th Gen
iPhone 6S Plus
iPad Pro 9.7"
Apple Watch 1st Gen
kodi on ATV4 is great, i hope they change their mind
(2016-09-06, 15:27)emjenny Wrote: kodi on ATV4 is great, i hope they change their mind

I agree. Even though it's more of a pain to get set up, it's a nice addon feature for a great device.
Not gonna lie. That's a bit depressing to hear. I have three atv4's and kodi is currently the only reason I still have them, even in beta. It was painful enough getting the wife to learn how to use this, I can't imagine going to another platform again. I think I'm about to wipe a tear from my eye. Hopefully things change soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 Development0