How to handle broken thread topics
I'm new to the forum so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this question or if it already exists. I checked the General Forum Rules, How to ask smart questions, and searched google and the forum itself already, but haven't been able to find a good answer.

I'm wondering how to handle threads that don't exist...

I frequently come across threads reporting
"The specified thread does not exist." that look like this:

Usually the ones that come from organic search results in google, bing, etc. are removed from search results after awhile, but if they are linked from another page they tend to stay around.

Here's an example.

On the bottom of the instructions on how to use an xbox controller, there's a link to the forum for this topic, but it doesn't actually exist.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Xbox_360_Wireless_Controller

Since this has to do with the wiki as well as the forum I'm not quite sure how to handle the issue. I just requested an account to edit the wiki, but I'm not sure if that is the correct approach to take.

Should these blank pages be reported somewhere or how should they be handled?
That's very strange. I remember that thread, and it was massive. It should not have been deleted.

There are some parts on web.archive.org, but they're hard to piece together.: http://web.archive.org/web/2015012821425...tid=135871

I can only assume it was an accident, but you say that you see this often? I wonder if that's a sign of something being broken or a file being corrupt.
there are a few possible causes...

1) the thread was merged with another thread, this will invalidate the url

2) the user who started the thread may have deleted his first post, which, in turn, will delete the entire thread.
this is a bug in our forum software (users have no rights to delete their posts at all, but they still can if you know how)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The thread was started by Shiretoko212, who currently does not have any threads on his name.

I guess we could ask Shiretoko if he deleted the thread. Since he is a a team member he is able to do so - and I am sure he had a reason for it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to handle broken thread topics1