EPG: Genres not showing up
I'm using the UK satellite feed and I grab the EPG data from an XMLTV source within the VBox, owing to the guide never filling up OTA. So I'm not sure if this is the same if using the broadcast EPG, as for me it's all but empty.

Every entry in the EPG shows up with a genre of Other/Unknown in Kodi. I know that the XMLTV file I use has genre data and I'm reasonably certain that the VBox itself is correctly storing the genres because the XMLTV feed I can grab from the device itself has entries like the following:

Code:
<programme start="20160604202500 +0000" stop="20160604212500 +0000" channel="www.BBC%20One.co.un">
<title lang="en">Casualty</title>
<desc lang="en">
Medical drama. Elle is forced into a corner after a shocking discovery. Will she make a decision for the good of the department or the people in it? Also in HD. [S]
</desc>
<category lang="en">Entertainment</category>
<category lang="en">Drama</category>
<episode-num system="onscreen">Season 30 Episode 37</episode-num>
</programme>

But however it is presented to Kodi, whether directly from the VBox of when using this plugin's ability to use an external XMLTV file, it doesn't know how to display it.

Ultimately, it seems to be down to how kodi deals with genres but XMLTV uses a category tag. And (currently) the TV/PVR functionality within Kodi itself doesn't convert between the two. One or two of the other PVR plugin do have their own conversion functions. So would it be possible for the VBox plugin to do likewise?
Apparently the VBox client Genre mappings aren't working yet, but it is in the pipeline...

I'd love to know how to modify a PVR Client Addon and get the Genre's working. Everything in the XML file is OK, but when you look at the guide, it just shows Unknown.

Anyone understand PVR Clients in Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG: Genres not showing up0