Newbie needing help. Right click doesn't go "back" it takes me all the way out.
First off I am a complete noob at using Kodi. I'm learning more the more I read and use it but there is still a lot I have to understand.

Here is my problem. Let's say for this demonstration I am browsing through my television shows folders. So for example I go to Horror, Horror TV, then Penny Dreadful, then Season 1. I decide I want to back out and check out Season 2 instead. If I right click the mouse button it does not take me back to Penny Dreadful, it instead ejects me all the way back to Home, where I then have to click back through all the menu's to get to where I want to be. The only way to "back out" properly is to click the "..." at the top of most menus, which often requires a bunch of scrolling up first. Plus I repeatedly forget because right click feels natural as it is the way to back out of menus in a ton of other programs and games.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I would really appreciate some help. Just some simple instructions would be great. I have tried googling it but most topics related to this either seem to be trouble shooting for android phones, or someone just links the person to another forum, that then links that person to a very technical page on remapping without any clear indication of what to remap or where to even find it. Basically it's assuming you already know every aspect of this program, when I do not.

Basically I want the right click to function as a back button, rather than an escape button. The back button on my iphone remote works like it should, the problem is only on Windows
I can confirm that my right click does not take me back as it should either. You can override the current command by creating an XML file to change the right click function and copy the file to your "Keymaps" Folder.

To do this. Open "Notepad" copy the following line into Notepad.

<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="57345">back</key></keyboard></global></keymap>

Save the Notepad file as an XML file. ie "Right click back.XML" then place this XML file in your Kodi "keymaps" folder.

This file is usually located. C: > Users > "Your Computer Name" >AppData > Roaming > Kodi > userdata > keymaps

Restart Kodi and Right click should take you back.
awesome. thank you so much. Will do now. You rock my friend!
Alternatively you could use the backspace key to take you up one level. I have one of those tricky logitech wireless mice that has a programmable button for the backspace, makes surfing o'so much pleasurable.
Works like a charm! Again thank you for the help. I searched quite a few forums and people either didn't know, or more or less told people to "figure it out". You are the first person I found who actually helped. 1000 thanks

Edit: Thanks for the backspace tip too. That will be useful when using the keyboard.
New issue. Now the right click works great as far as working like a back button rather than an esc button after applying your fix.

However now that's all it does so now it does not work as a contextual menu when hovering over anything, it always works as a back button but only a back button. Is there a way to still have it function correctly as a back button, but still work as a contextual menu when it's supposed to?
i was hoping to be able to do this in Kodi using the Longpress feature. ie Longpress right mouse button and context menu opens. However i could not get this feature to work. Someone else may know how to do it.

However i have an alternative that works using AutoHoykey. The AutoHotKey script works only in Kodi so when you exit Kodi your mouse function returns to normal.

What the script does. Short Right Mouse click takes you back. Long Right Mouse Click (Greater then 0.5 Seconds opens the Context Menu)

Please find attached link below

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

1st Step- Delete previous Kodi keymap file.

2nd step - Download the folder "Right Click Mouse" from the above link to your Desktop

3rd Step - Inside the folder there is a Folder called "Auto Hot Key" open folder and install Auto Hot Key on your system, if you do not have it already.

4th Step - Copy the AutoHotKey Application "Mouse Right Button Special" to you Startup Folder. (Usually located C: > Users > "Your Computer Name" >AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Startup

5th Step - Restart your system.

Now when you are in Kodi it should work as described above.
Even though the above AutoHotKey Solution works fine. the Below Kodi Keymap maybe easier for you to implement.

Copy the below into notepad and save as XML file and install in your keymaps folder. (Dont forget to delete the previous keymap)

<!-- Button Ids: -->
<!-- 0: left -->
<!-- 1: right -->
<!-- 2: middle -->
<!-- 3/4/5/6: extra -->

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<rightclick>Back</rightclick>
<longclick id="1">contextmenu</longclick>
</mouse>
</global>
</keymap>
Thank you for both the replies. I really appreciate the help. I think I will try your second solution simply because it looks a bit easier, thanks again

Edit: Works perfectly. Very happy with this setup. You rock.
(2016-06-06, 10:16)dasco Wrote: Even though the above AutoHotKey Solution works fine. the Below Kodi Keymap maybe easier for you to implement.

Copy the below into notepad and save as XML file and install in your keymaps folder. (Dont forget to delete the previous keymap)

<!-- Button Ids: -->
<!-- 0: left -->
<!-- 1: right -->
<!-- 2: middle -->
<!-- 3/4/5/6: extra -->

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<rightclick>Back</rightclick>
<longclick id="1">contextmenu</longclick>
</mouse>
</global>
</keymap>
Three years later and this was EXACTLY what I was needing badly. Thank you so much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie needing help. Right click doesn't go "back" it takes me all the way out.0