Debug logging - how to reduce a messy log
I am working on a new add-on and having to deal with the debug logs. Trouble is, when trying to look for my own debug output there is a ton of other stuff I would love to be able to turn off while I am working.

When I look at KODI's debug options I see there is "Enable component-specific logging" and I then see an obvious list of components that include video and audio.

And on my setup that is unticked.

Great, I thought, that will reduce the noise in the logs. Oh, no it doesn't Confused

So why are my logs constantly flooded with tons of DirectSound information every time KODI goes "bing"? How can I turn that off? Ditto the video specs (especially that long list of video modes...)

Yeah, I can understand why they are in a default log, but how can then be disabled while developing? These put so much junk in to the logs that it makes it hard to find relevant items.

These logs are funny. I don't think many people are looking at what is in a normal log. Take a totally virgin copy of KODI, zero addons, install it on a PC, then turn on the logging. Even a default log of an empty KODI has errors in it Big Grin
Just output to your own txt file or even a textbix onscreen. Much easy. Much nice :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Debug logging - how to reduce a messy log0