FFWD/SKIP causes Kodi to exit playback - wrong recording length
I've noticed a strange behaviour that I *think* is already logged as a bug - wondering if someone has a workaround.

I've noticed when playing back a myth recording in kodi, the recording length is wrong. (eg: a 2 hour show says 5 minutes in length). So if I try to skip beyond 5 min kodi just exits playback. If I let it play it has no problem passing the 5 min mark.

Also,FFWD beyond that point also causes a kodi exit.

Is there a workaround for this? I hate having to rewatch 1 hr of a 2hr show because I accidentally hit SKIP...

I'm thinking about sharing my Myth recordings folder and let kodi playback the mpeg file...but I'm hoping there is a more elegant solution
What version are you running? I brought this up a while ago (like months maybe a year) but it was fixed, and i have not ran into this issue since

I routinely watch NBA games that are still recording, so I hit the end/live tv lots, but it doesn't die. I dont FFWD, just skip like the std 30 seconds

Cheers!
I'm running 16.1 of kodi (and Myth .27+fixes). Are you saying the FFWD still doesn't work and that I should only skip?
Im just saying i never use FFWD....thats all. I only use skip and haven't experienced this issue anymore

Here is an old post i had on the issue: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1790539 Which sounds like exactly what your having. Janbar fixed that (ya back in 2014)

I wonder why its coming back now. I was watching the NBA finals last night while it was recording, and when i reached "live tv" it never died when i skipped past the end. It just kept playing
I think this thread from 2013 covers the same issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FFWD/SKIP causes Kodi to exit playback - wrong recording length0