Linux build.sh script
Smile 
althekiller Wrote:If you switch to using "make install" you'll need to manually copy your userdata folder from BUILD to ~/.xbmc/ to preserve settings/thumbs/db/etc.

Okay, I'd like to get this setup as well - where exactly should I find .xbmc or do I need to create it? I DO have show hidden turned on but I'm not familiar enough with Linux to know where settings liek this are "supposed" to be stored. <sigh>

TIA!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I don't remember if you need to create it or not. Try running the PPA release or make install and see. If you do, "mkdir ~/.xbmc".
~ = your home dir. So /home/blkmgk/.xbmc/ or similar.
A structure will be created here the first time you run xbmc in platform mode "make install" installs a launcher script (xbmc) in your $PATH so you can launch it simply typing "xbmc" in a shell or create a launcher. You should NOT be directly running xbmc.bin when installing with this method or the PPAs. After the structure is created you can close XBMC then copy your userdata dir over from BUILD. Next time you run XBMC you should have all of your settings/thumbs/dbs/etc.
Much much clearer - thank you!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
althekiller, thanks for your work with the build script. A continued working version even in the future would be much aprpeciated Smile
Of course, the make install is approach is easy enough, but the build script really makes for a neat installation procedure (aside from the PPAs).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux build.sh script1