15 to 16. New issue driving me nuts
Hi all

Have a media center PC windows 7 to Receiver to TV HDMI. 4ghz amd gtx 640 2gb. 16gb ram

In Kodi 15 I would play a video and it would Immediately start playing whatever video right away. SD, 1080, 4k didn't matter. Would just start playing.
NOW after upgrading to 16.1 whenever I play a movie, it blanks out my screen and sets a new resolution causing a HUGE delay while my receiver re-handshakes. Then after about 20 seconds the video appears.

Driving me INSANE!!!!!!

Tried full screen/ windowed/ vsinc no vsinc

I go back to 15 and the issue is gone

What the hell changed in 16????!!!
no debug log (wiki) no issue, no help. please post a debug log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com
Ill post a log when I get back home.

Just wondering if anyone ran into this issue before and its a simple solution. No crashes or anything like that, its just re hand shaking with my receiver whenever I start a video causing a resolution change and 20 seconds of video blankness when starting or stopping a video. Never did this in 15
We moved from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11 for DXVA so maybe an issue with your drivers working with DirectX 11, do you have hardware acceleration enabled? if so you could try turning it off.
(2016-06-07, 20:11)jjd-uk Wrote: We moved from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11 for DXVA so maybe an issue with your drivers working with DirectX 11, do you have hardware acceleration enabled? if so you could try turning it off.

Ahh. Ok I will try that and report back asap. I am also a few Nvidia drivers out of date so Ill update and report back!

Thanks!
And no dice... Disabled all hardware acceleration and still resets the handshake every time I launch any video. Screws up my custom resolution as well (I have a slight overscan on my TV so its set a hair lower then 1080p)

Again, Kodi 15 worked absolutely perfectly but every time I launch anything from 16 it blanks out the screen, re-handshakes my receiver and sets my resolution to 1080p. When you stop the video same thing happens and 20 seconds later the GUI appears again.

Anyone have any idea what in the world would possibly be causing this? Would the debug log even help?

I DO see this in the LOG before starting a video

FOUND IT!!!!!

Ok so in the settings, under playback there is a thing called:

Adjust display refresh rate. When Enabled, it does the thing where it changes my resolution. When disabled it just pops right up and starts the video.

Now here is the kicker, in kodi 15 when that setting enabled I do NOT see the receiver handshake and res change. In 16 I do.

If it is syncing the refresh rate, why change the res? Keep the res and just change the refresh.

Is this a bug?

Thanks for any help

That have anything to do with it? Any way to bypass that?
Its your TVs fault for taking so long to change refresh rate.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Could still be a bug either in your driver or Kodi with DirectX 11, you could also try render method set to software with "Adjust display refresh rate" on so use of DirectX is fully disabled. To help determine the cause a full debug log with all the settings turned back on to reproduce the problem would be needs together with details of your hardware, so what CPU/GPU in your PC, how does video route from your PC to your display device etc.
Ok I will produce the log tonight.

"Its your TVs fault for taking so long to change refresh rate" - Hooked up to one of the best receivers you can get. Not hardware. Also it should JUST be changing the refresh rate and NOT the resolution.

Set it to software only and it still had the issue.

Its all stemming from this line here before a video launches:

NOTICE : Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080@ 23.98 - Full Screen

Like I said before, I use a slightly custom resolution due to over-scan (slightly smaller then 1080p) and because it changes the RESOLUTION as well, its forcing a re-handshake. Wondering if there is a way to JUST adjust the refresh rate and NOT the resolution.

Thanks all!
Fix overscan on the tv itself and run kodi at a standard, ie 1080 res.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-06-08, 22:38)nickr Wrote: Fix overscan on the tv itself and run kodi at a standard, ie 1080 res.

Cant fix the overscan on the TV. Its a high end DLP diamond and until the light engine blows out, I'm going to keep it. Its a known issue on DLP TV's when using windows via HDMI.

So I have to use a custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel.

Really I just want to match the refresh rate like it says instead of refresh rate AND resolution
Do you have a custom modeline at your desired rsolution AND refresh rate?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
15 to 16. New issue driving me nuts0