iMac OSX
So I thought I'd post a new thread here for my problem to see if I could get people to see this issue I'm having. I'm not sure anyone can help me with it and I may have to figure this one out myself. I recently installed an SSD into a mid 2011- 21 ½" iMac. In hopes to transfer my Time Machine backup data to it and have Kodi working on it. All went well until I tried to launch Kodi. It just bounced and I got the warning box but clicking on Open did nothing. I have set Gatekeeper to Anywhere after entering my Password to unlock it to make the changes. I have tried to download every variety of Kodi, including Krypton with the same results. I'm thinking maybe when I formatted the disk that I allowed Apple to check my computer for fixes when it was initially installed and maybe that is where the problem exists? I will try to repair permissions and if that doesn't work, I will probably need to reformat the drive unless someone else may have an idea as to what is happening. In the meantime, I'll come back to post with any new updates that I can find. Thanks
have a look in the system logs while trying to open kodi - that behavior is not normal and i can't think of anything that could result in this in a fresh install ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yes, I agree. Each time I launch Kodi, I get these errors below in my system log files. I've started to do some research into what it all means but it's just gibberish to me. So, perhaps a reformat is in order unless someone else knows what it means?

Kodi[669]: CPSGetCurrentProcess(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.
Kodi[669]: set_foreground_operation_state(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore
launchservicesd[73]: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22
appleeventsd[46]: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22
WindowServer[160]: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22
tccd[336]: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22

update: I just restarted the computer and got a bug so I think I'll have to do a fresh install all over again. Not sure how I will do that but maybe this time, migrate my data and start from a fresh copy of El Capitan from Apple instead of using Time Machine?
I fixed my problem by restoring from an older version of OS X on Time Machine. By older, I mean 10.11.3. It was already set up and I could at least laugh it now. I then updated El Capitan to 10.11.5 and it still launches and works fine. At least I have a good working computer now too.
Hi, I have installed Kodi "kodi-16.1-Jarvis-x86_64" on my iMac Retina 5K under El Capitan 10.11.5 and Kodi crashes after the initial logo screen. I am a user - not a geek - so can anyone explain how to rectify this without radical changes to the OS. Any help gratefully received.

AlanGP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iMac OSX0