v17 Argus client crashes Kodi on exit with Krypton
Can anyone shed some light on why the Argus client is crashing Kodi on exit in the Krypton builds?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=271454
Up!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Seems Argus client has no maintainer and will decay further. If nobody cares we finally have to drop it from our repo.
Well crap. That is the PVR and client I use.

Sent from my SPH-L720T
I'm using it too.
Please fix it.
Would really be bad to change the backend just for updating to Krypton
Why is needed client maintainer to fix it, if Argus is working with no issues in windows 7, 8 and 10, and if works well with Kodi 16 too?
Also works in Kodi 17, the only problem is that crashes on exit.
Thanks.
why doesn't win98 run on todays hardware? It works well on a 486 after all....
(2016-07-25, 14:57)wsnipex Wrote: why doesn't win98 run on todays hardware? It works well on a 486 after all....

I don't understand your answer, I posted here that the client works well in the latest windows build, is that I use, and I add now also with the most modern hardware, so not needed to update until it stops working, and if it happens, and the maintainer does not fix it, that is not sure to happen, because in the forum of the program does not say that the project is discontinued, it would be good time to drop from the repo.
This software is for me, how it is now, better than all the rest pvr clients for windows that professedly have maintainer.
I would stay with Kodi 16 version that supports Argus, but the 17 added a functionality that improves the program, the new skin, that no works with previous version.

In my opinion win98, although works on today's hardware, does not have the same functionalities than win10, so this example is not for this subject.

Thanks.
Arrhh "Rock and a Hard Place"

Need ArgusTV as its the best backend I've used (after moving from SageTV when it was sold to Google)

But...

Also need Kodi 17 to support native HW decoding of H. 265 files with my GTX 950 GPU

Please don't drop support for ArgusTV :-) !!!!!!
Seems Argus is now marked as incompatible with Krypton beta 2. I am yet to find a better PVR client Sad
(2016-09-23, 03:09)Soobz Wrote: Seems Argus is now marked as incompatible with Krypton beta 2. I am yet to find a better PVR client Sad

There isn't.

I've settled on Mediaportal.

Oh how I miss you Argustv and your guide enhancer.
See this other thread, you can force it to be compatible with beta2 if you can live with the crash on exit*;
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2418928
*There may also be an update which fixes the addon anyway, I am yet to test.
I have the ArgusTV PVR client running on nVidia Shield, FireTV and the Samsung Note S2 Tablet.

My only issue is with Closed Captions - which work on LiveTV, but not with RecordedTV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Argus client crashes Kodi on exit with Krypton0