How do I delete everything from my library?
I want to completely clear down my library and start again. I changed the directory layout on my server and Passworded some of the folders. I tried to modify things in Kodi and stuffed everything up and now can't see any of my movies or TV Series.

So I want to start again with a clean library. I did a search and the only messages I found talked about deleting the *.db files. Is this the way to do it or is there a menu in Kodi where I can clear the library?

I'm using Kodi 16.1
If you clean the library (System > Video > Library > Clean library...) then it will remove all items in there which are no longer viable or accessible. To do it completely you would need to remove all your sources and then clean, and it should empty everything out.

Or as you've found, you can just delete the relevant database files. You should find those in the Database folder in your userdata (wiki) folder. For movies/tv shows, you want MyVideos99.db for Kodi 16.1. Without Kodi running, just rename or delete that and restart and your video library should be reset.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-06-09, 17:06)DarrenHill Wrote: If you clean the library (System > Video > Library > Clean library...) then it will remove all items in there which are no longer viable or accessible. To do it completely you would need to remove all your sources and then clean, and it should empty everything out.

Or as you've found, you can just delete the relevant database files. You should find those in the Database folder in your userdata (wiki) folder. For movies/tv shows, you want MyVideos99.db for Kodi 16.1. Without Kodi running, just rename or delete that and restart and your video library should be reset.
You'd also want to delete the textures.db file and thumbnails folder, no?
Those would affect all media types (i.e. music and pictures too), but if that's not an issue then yes.

Alternatively a clean library after removing the MyVideos file should tidy things up if it would be (or just delete and rebuild).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for the reply fellas, much appreciated.
Remove all versions of myvideosXX.db. if a old one is found, kodi will update it and you'll end up with old data again.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I deleted a TV Show from my Hard Drive and cleaned the Video Library in Kodi. But every time when I start my Artwork Downloader inside Kodi it resurrects this TV show again.
Im getting the same issue. I deleted some movies and shows, then cleaned the kodi library, all seemed well in kodi and they no longer appear in the library, but it keeps re-downloading all of the extra loose artwork files that went with them. I cant remember which artwork plugin downloads those loose files, artwork beef I think?

Anyway, how can I make kodi completely forget the shows so it stops re-downloading artwork for stuff that no longer exists?
(2018-06-14, 17:45)tjwoosta Wrote: I deleted some movies and shows
Do you mean you deleted the moves and shows from the hard disk? If no, then that is the problem because everytime you Update LIbrary, Kodi will find the files again and re-scrape them
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I deleted them from the disk. Long ago too, like a couple years for some of them.
That sounds strange.

Can you do the following...

1. Enable Debug Mode in Settings>System Settings>Logging
2. Remove that phantom library entry and run your Clean Library
3. Restart Kodi
4. Run an Update Library and check if the movie/show comes back
5. If it has come back, then upload the log file to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. With either method post the link back here.
6. Tell us the name of the movie so it is easier for us to find.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I delete everything from my library?0