Recording Now vs Live TV
I need your help. Suppose a TV show starts at 8 pm and ends at 9 pm.

At 8 pm, recording starts
At 8:30 pm, I start watching the show from the beginning in Kodi "Recording Now"
At 9 pm (before I catch up to the live TV), backend PVR stops recording. Kodi stops playing the show. In other words, I can't continue to watch the rest of the show. To complete watching the show, I need to go back and click from the list (no longer under "recording now").

Does this happen to you?

I use Windows MC + server WMC. I'm willing to change to a different PVR, if I can continue watching the show.
Mythtv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Tvheadend also does not suffer from this problem.
It's a server WMC issue. I also find when a show is finished it kicks you back to the EPG.

No issues using Mediaportal.
if on Windows then try DVBLogic, it's not free, but not expensive, well supported, easy to set up and does everything you'd expect a PVR to do... they have a 20 day trial if you want a test.
OP here and I found a solution

Instead of playing from the Now Recording list, watch from the EPG. It gives an option to start the show from beginning and will keep playing even after recording ended.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording Now vs Live TV0