• 5(current)
Release Last Viewed/Played - List of the last movies, episodes and music played
(2016-08-21, 17:22)MediaPi Wrote: have you seen if its in kodi repo? I'm sure rodrigl has submitted it.
why not just download the zip file
https://github.com/rodrigl/plugin.video....e/1.05.zip
Lunatixz an experienced and trusted developer has seen the code and didnt say anything about it being untrustworthy
please comment after you tried it, the dev rodrigl will appreciate it Smile
I did search on Kodi main repo and didn't find it. I'll install it from zip file and give some feedback. Looks amazing though.
(2016-08-20, 10:32)MediaPi Wrote: I still dont think last played has had a good catalyst, but trust me everyone will be using it, so I hope you keep on supporting it and improving Smile
loved to know what you think of the ideas.
what are you working on right now? any hints?

HI MediaPI,

A good part of this addon belongs to you. You were 100% right about including what is played from addons.A great thank you!
I'm gonna look about the feasibility of your recent suggestions.

I will send you a PM with the link to my newest project because I dont want to make it public yet. It's mch bigger than this one.
(2016-08-21, 18:18)baruchin Wrote: I did search on Kodi main repo and didn't find it. I'll install it from zip file and give some feedback. Looks amazing though.

I have yet to submitted it to the official repo. The process of submission is harder now, but I'll do it soon.

There is already some repos that have this addon, including some of the major third parties repos.
Maybe I should not name them here, but shouldn't be difficult to find Smile
Omg, thank you!!! I've been waiting for something like this for *years*, must have posted about it 50 times in various places around the forums - specifically, to have a list of recently-played *non-library* items (i.e. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=241951).

My one and only suggestion: It would be great if there'd be a way to just have one flat list, with recently-played "Everything," in order. Right now the top-level menu requires you to pick between "Last Movies," "Last Episodes," "Last Music Videos," "Last Songs," and "<url entries>". I'd love it if (i.e. via a option?) you could setup the plugin to present just one flat list with *everything*, which would avoid the need to first make a distinction between type of media before looking within that sublist. i.e. just to quickly see "what was the last thing I watched?" regardless of where it was Smile
(2016-08-22, 09:37)metal450 Wrote: Omg, thank you!!! I've been waiting for something like this for *years*, must have posted about it 50 times in various places around the forums - specifically, to have a list of recently-played *non-library* items (i.e. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=241951).

My one and only suggestion: It would be great if there'd be a way to just have one flat list, with recently-played "Everything," in order. Right now the top-level menu requires you to pick between "Last Movies," "Last Episodes," "Last Music Videos," "Last Songs," and "<url entries>". I'd love it if (i.e. via a option?) you could setup the plugin to present just one flat list with *everything*, which would avoid the need to first make a distinction between type of media before looking within that sublist. i.e. just to quickly see "what was the last thing I watched?" regardless of where it was Smile

Thanks!

It's already possible to have all addons on a single list with the option "Group by Addons" off. On the next version I'm thinking of renaming it to "Separate by Addon" to be clearer. It seems that the current name is being misunderstood.

It will also have an option to hide the library stuff, for people that dont use it.

So hiding the library lines and not separating the addons, we'll have a single list.with everything that was played from addons.

A single list with library and addons items, is a bit more complicated, and I fear it might slow things a little bit. So I'll do it only if i see people asking for it.
My impression (I might be wrong) is that few people watch a lot of both types. The people that use the library rarely stream with addons, and the ones that watch streaming dont use the library often,
For me personally, I'm less concerned with items from addons, but I still have to go through up to 3 lists to find the "last played video": "Last Movies," "Last Episodes," and "<my root share, which is where non-library items appear>." Even if items from addons weren't included, it would be nice to just have one list with all of these 3. For example, a made-for-TV documentary might appear in any of these 3 lists: sometimes they appear as movies, sometimes as episodes, and if I just downloaded it but it hasn't yet been named properly & scanned into the library, it might still be in the 3rd list. Rather than having to search around for it, my goal in a 'recently used' list was to just simply find the last things I watched: without having to remember which of 3-4 lists it would appear in Smile
Oop, one more issue I just noticed: I use mysql so that my library is synced across all my TVs & PCs. While this plugin does show recently-played library items (movies & episodes) across all devices, non-library items are not getting synced. Note that the 'play status' of these items *is* synced by Kodi (as described in my post here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=241951), so mysql definitely does know that they were played, even across devices. This addon just seems not to pick up on those non-library items.
You are right, non-Library are not synched. The reason is to conform to kodi standards.
There is no official way to access the play status you mention. I could get it directly but then this would never be accepted on the official kodi repo.

A solution is to have a setting allowing to choose the place where to put the non-library list.
Then placed it on a shared network folder common to all devices. This way all would be synched.

This would work if the library and addons configuration is the same on all devices.
With the setting you describe (the same as mine) probably is already the case.

Then we could also have a single list for library and non-library items. Solving the issue you raised before.
Now I'm forced to have two different methods. One for library items that I like to have synched. I can easily move to a different device to finish watching.

I will look into this.
Great, thanks.

Just my 2c, if it were me I'd probably release a non-conforming addon that's more functional (perhaps with a 2nd conforming, but less-useful, version if it were important to have something officially listed). Many of the most useful themes/addons in my experience aren't officially listed, and while I really don't know why the Kodi people would introduce an odd "rule" like this, I'd personally much rather be able to get the ideal functionality by spending an extra minute or 2 manually adding an alternative repo source and/or installing from zip...than to have functionality permanently limited for the ease of initially installing from an 'official' repo Smile
In the beginning I had that two versions, one official and other unofficial. I gave up, every single comma changed had to be done twice... not good

Most of the experienced and advanced users,will install it from anywhere. But keeping it official will reach everyone.

While I manage to do the things 'officially', I will. With the added bomus that it will work on all versions,
Non standard code can break easily on a new version.

If you have a mysql db, probbaly you have a single shared library.
The last play list is just a text file. Can you place it somewhere on that share?
>>If you have a mysql db, probbaly you have a single shared library.

I do, but the players don't have write-access to that share - it's read-only, just for playing media. And Windows doesn't let you open more than 1 connection to the same server, so either I'd have to give every player read-write access to that media share (so they can write to the last-played file), or it wouldn't work. I suppose I could create an entirely separate share for that file, give everyone read-write, and connect to it by //servername rather than //IP (so 2 connections, one read-only and one read-write, which Windows sees as different because of name vs IP), but that's starting to feel a bit messy...

I wonder if there's any way to write the list into the database directly, rather than having a separate/standalone textfile? Obviously above is still much better than no syncing at all - it just feels a bit roundabout.
Does this work at all for non-library items? I don't use libraries and nothing is showing up. I was hoping to get back the watched history that I had on the Boxee Box.

I do have a mysql db setup for kodi BUT I don't use libraries at all. Are you saying that watched data for non-library items are not synced to mysql db? If so, then I guess the watched data for non-library items is stored local to each device? Can your add-on access that data or is it not allowed?
The addon must be active to record non-library play history. So, what you watched before installing will not show up.

Today I will release a new version with an option to choose the location of the non-library play history.
If you choose a shared location, and put all devices pointing to the same location, you have synched history for both library and non-library items.

I already tested this yesterday and it works well. I started playing an utube video on a pc, and it showed on a TV where I resumed playing.

The option to keep the history separate on each device continues to exist and it will be the default.
Also within one or two weeks, there will be a second way to have synched play history.

For people that wish to keep the play history forever, it will be possible to record that externally to kodi.
Thanks for the update Smile

I have a feature suggestion.

The way I see it work.

Right click on a link (within Last Played) and I see two options.

-Show last window before link was played
-Show 2nd to last window before link was played

An exmaple in use

say im in an addon that has a playlist or episodes.
Say the episodes are 1-10.
when I click on episode 4.
It plays episode 4.

Now Last Played records meta data and the url of last played item, but what if it also recorded the kodi menu (or window) when the file played and link with the listing in Last Played. Thats where
*-Show last window before link was played*
comes from.

say instead of directly playing the link episode 4, I get a list of sources to stream episode 4.
now since Last Played records the 2nd to last window. Then I have the option to see the list with all the episodes.

why this can be useful.
2 reasons (which you already know)

if the link was expired or if you wanted to have access to the playlist or other episodes really quickly.

I believe this should be possible because the addon super favourites does this.
when you go into super favourites and go to a link, it will take you to another addon, when you press back it takes you back into super favourites (or the last window)
so Spoysers managed to find a list that kodi keeps of window hierarchy.maybe have a look at his code to see what he does.

(also the script that Spyoser made for me here
https://forums.tvaddons.ag/lambda-s-xbmc...nesis.html
also has the behaviour I am referring to)

what do you think rodrigl? if you can achieve this then we wont need to worry about a link expiring, and this will benefit your future feature about keep history forever. Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Last Viewed/Played - List of the last movies, episodes and music played5