"Kodi caused us many problems"
As the title says and that made me mad.

I only requested that they make an xmltv guide for Cypriot channels, like they do now for Greece.

http://forums.openpli.org/topic/41661-cy...g-request/
Kodi is a media player, not a media provider.

That part is nothing to do with us at all, and so it should be down to whoever is providing the channels to provide the EPG to go with it. Of course this assumes that they are being provided legally and properly. If not then you get exactly what you deserve...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Not sure what it is that you are trying to say here.

You posted a request... the developers clearly stated that they won't help you as they have had issue with Kodi in the past (not sure if they mean the community or the software) and now you are mad at.... who?
I simply asked for legit epg content which is already free over the air. Guide info is already available for so many countries.

I am mad because he implies that Kodi is something troublesome and its creators (aka developers) are making it disgraceful.
(2016-06-10, 16:20)Miss_80 Wrote: Not sure what it is that you are trying to say here.

You posted a request... the developers clearly stated that they won't help you as they have had issue with Kodi in the past (not sure if they mean the community or the software) and now you are mad at.... who?

It has been posted here at the forums before... they had trouble with Kodi and misconfigured setups because they increased the load on their servers. That's why they blocked Kodi from directly loading their epg guides and that's why rytec downloader service was born.

I don't care if they won't help. I 'll probably do it myself later. Its just the accusation that Kodi gets.
(2016-06-10, 16:22)twilight0 Wrote: I simply asked for legit epg content which is already free over the air. Guide info is already available for so many countries.

I am mad because he implies that Kodi is something troublesome and its creators (aka developers) are making it disgraceful.
It's not really clear what he means - why not ask him?
(2016-06-10, 16:26)twilight0 Wrote:
(2016-06-10, 16:20)Miss_80 Wrote: Not sure what it is that you are trying to say here.

It has been posted here at the forums before... they had trouble with Kodi and misconfigured setups because they increased the load on their servers. That's why they blocked Kodi from directly loading their epg guides and that's why rytec downloader service was born.

I don't care if they won't help. I 'll probably do it myself later. Its just the accusation that Kodi gets.

Ah got it... Big Grin
I think the bigger issue is that IPTV Simple Client polls the EPG waaaaaaay too often. They're right to block it for that reason alone.

(assuming that is still an issue. It has been a while since I looked into it.)
(2016-06-10, 16:42)Ned Scott Wrote: I think the bigger issue is that IPTV Simple Client polls the EPG waaaaaaay too often. They're right to block it for that reason alone.

(assuming that is still an issue. It has been a while since I looked into it.)

And that's why I worked-around it by mirroring the epg guide to another server:

http://forums.openpli.org/topic/41662-mi...ce-others/
wow I think everyone forgets kodi is free and all support and coding etc etc etc is done by enthusiasts pay kodi £100 an hour cheap coding price really and I'm sure they'll make time for your addition. I'm by no way saying you don't appreciate the work that is done just putting in perspective what coding costs and that's excluding development/testing etc.
Just for the record, twilight0, the epg downloader is already an automated service.
There is no need to "navigate inside the rytec download service everyday and hit the manual download button".
That button is just for the case something went wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Kodi caused us many problems"0