SSH for LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 3
I was expecting you to enter it from the GUI, but you can use the same "-w <filename>" option if you prefer.
(2016-06-29, 11:34)PhilE Wrote: I was expecting you to enter it from the GUI, but you can use the same "-w <filename>" option if you prefer.

Hahaha please don't expect me to do anything. This is my first time to use linux or RPi or kodi. I like to think I'm a fast learner but when it comes to reliable test result, please tell me exactly what to do.

Now I installed raspbian from your link, installed wireshark from your command line, then run the command:
Code:
sudo wireshark -i wlan0 -p -k -f "tcp port 22" -w raspwsnofix.pcap
and I got several errors. In the GUI, the first error window was:
Code:
Lua: Error during loading: [string "/usr/share/wireshark/init.lua"]:46: dofile has been disabled due to running wireshark as superuser.
The second error window was:
Code:
The file to which the capture would be saved ("raspwsnofix.pcap") could not be opened: Permission denied.
In the terminal, the error message was:
Code:
Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.ally.Bus was not provided by any .service files.
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.

Then I installed tshark and then run the command:
Code:
sudo tshark -i wlan0 -p -f "tcp port 22" -w rasptsnofix.pcap
and got the same errors exactly as wireshark! (I thought they are supposed to be different software!

So I'm stuck now. Tell me what to do.
I can now see why linux is not mainstream Smile
I think you can ignore the errors except for the "Permission denied." You need to find a writable directory for the capture file - perhaps /tmp.
Ok, so I manged to make the 2 tests using wireshark and tshark both before and after the fix and saved the files in the /tmp folder.

I tried to upload them to my account at google drive but it seems google doesn't support the web browser of Raspbian! So I thought I'd copy them to my NAS so I can upload them from my windows 7 laptop, but I can't connect to my NAS on Raspbian. There is no Network setup or preference in Rasbian that I can see. So again I'm stuck. Any suggestions?
So, I thought I can plug the SD Card to my windows laptop and copy the files from there, but they are no where to be found. There is no /tmp folder at all! I return the SD Card to the RPi and there is the /tmp folder but the test files are no longer there! So I create a new folder on the raspbian desktop and try to run the tests again and put the output files in the folder I created, but I get the no permission error again!

This is so frustrating!
(2016-06-29, 16:05)kingleo Wrote: So, I thought I can plug the SD Card to my windows laptop and copy the files from there, but they are no where to be found. There is no /tmp folder at all! I return the SD Card to the RPi and there is the /tmp folder but the test files are no longer there! So I create a new folder on the raspbian desktop and try to run the tests again and put the output files in the folder I created, but I get the no permission error again!

Windows can only see the FAT (boot) partition, not the linux partition.
Assuming the files are not too large create them in /boot and you will be able to see them from windows.
WinSCP.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I am sorry @PhilE because it seems my lack of knowledge about Linux and the RPi is preventing me from doing the required tests. It doesn't help that I don't really understand what I'm doing or what those errors even mean (I don't have permissions to save a file in my own user folder!!). I've spend more than 5 hours already trying to make it work, to the best of my knowledge, but everytime it's another error.

Anyway, this is only the start for me. I've only had the RPi since the start of June and I've already learned a lot. But not enough yet. I'm not giving up though. I've started studying linux through this website https://linuxjourney.com/ and who knows, I might figure out what's wrong and how to fix it.
If you can't write any files I wonder if your file system has come up read-only. Can you run this command and post the output?:
Code:
dmesg | grep mmc
As I mentioned in a previous post, I only have 1 sd card. I'm afraid I already re-installed OSMC so I can use my RPi as a media center.

Why would the file system come up read-only? Can it be because of the errors in wireshark that you mentioned I could ignore. I mean I'm a linux beginner, but I know from my 22 years of using windows that ignoring errors will always come back and haunt you Smile

Anyway, I believe I need to understand linux as an OS before I could be of use when it comes to testing the RPi.

Also, I've had someone on another forum send me this link:
http://serverfault.com/questions/692026/...buntu-from
which suggests that the problem I had with SSH is in fact related to my router and not the wireless chip in the RPi. When I was diagnosis my problem, I was always able to authenticate wirelessly and the failure to connect was with the SSH terminal session only. I believe that the answer in that post is applicable to my scenario.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSH for LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 30